overall
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 89   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.42   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
GiBrew (171) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JAN 8, 2005
Alpine isnít the greatest beer in the world. However, itís the kinda beer you like to keep on hand to have a quick drink after work.....and itís also the first beer I ever remember drinking in my life!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ReverendJames (3) - CANADA - NOV 29, 2004 does not count
After spending several years in the southern US, the first Alpine I tasted felt like angels were pouring it down my throat. If you are looking for a good, solid, session beer Alpine is the best. If you are looking for something exotic, move along.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 21, 2004
My wife picked this up for me in Canada. The locals said it won awards and was a good beer that was not sold in the USA. Well, I am not shedding any tears that I canít get this beer in the USA. I will not make any special trips to get it either. The beer was very average to me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
clutchrogers (90) - Broussard, Louisiana, USA - MAY 17, 2004
slight hop and malt aroma. straw color with a big head at first fading down in to a lace. flavors of malt cookies and a slight hop flavor then a faint bitterness.not very impressive. still better than bud.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Wuddle (23) - Moncton, New Brunswick, CANADA - APR 4, 2004
A favorite with the locals. A great beer for outdoor activities. An excellent beer for enjoying around the campfire. Goes well with any food.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
khrystena (1) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 3, 2004 does not count
Like most East Coast Canadians, I grew up with this. Must be very cold. One thing to clarify, You have to live on the East Coast to get it. I make sure when I visit I get some.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
swiseman (409) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JAN 1, 2004
a very sweet beer and a favourite among locals. light to medium body, very yeasty, almost no aftertaste

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nickchalk (229) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 26, 2003
Pale clear yellow, quickly dissappearing white head, no lacing. Aroma is way too weak, I have a mild cold, but I can smell nothing at all. Taste is also rather weak, though it has some nice subtle hoppiness which works well with the bready malts. Simple, uni-dimensional, better than Molson, but not by a whole lot. Bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
glider (54) - Shrub Oak, New York, USA - OCT 28, 2003
Enroute to PEI, a local NB gal recommended this one highly. While on PEI i bought a case and drank this as an everyday beer. better than most Molsons, it has a non-skunky crisp pleasant light to moderate aroma and taste, and while not totally excellent, is a good everyday primer beer. Moderate flavor from beginning to finish and on the dry side. Definitely would drink it again while @ Cavendish, but with all the draughts available on the island at pubs, eateries, etc, I'd just keep this in the room.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 29, 2003
Straight forward american standard. Just one of many bland, same beers that I had the pleasure of disjoying (that's the opposite of enjoying right?) when I visited "the Island".