overall
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.37   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Rastacouere (6161) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 18, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 2, 2003 Watery texture, no originality at all if not for the more hoppy and interesting taste than average standard lagers

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
EKGoldings (616) - Radford, Virginia, USA - JUL 17, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 12, 2007 A decently flavored beer that has lighter flavors and is smoother than other Maritime beers. Some hops, some malt, brewed since 1937. Smooth taste, I like this award winning beer a lot. I wish it was more widely available but as they say, ’you gotta live here to get it’.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
mindtheft (28) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 12, 2003
Not a bad beer. Pretty typical Canadian East Coast beer. Taste is similiar to that of Moosehead and Alexander Keith's. I would definitely buy a case

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cobra (1100) - - APR 28, 2003
Crisp, light colored brew. Pours out a pale yellow color, with a dense white head. The head lasts until the bottom of the glass, at least it did on mine. Plenty of malt aroma here. Nice aromas of hops as well. Tastes kind of sweet, like it has lots of residual sugars left in it. Has a nutty tasting middle to it also. Plenty of hops dance on your tongue as you swallow it. Worth seeking out if you're up in Canada.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Cartoonkhaki (1222) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 22, 2002
It’s just beer. And only beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
CapFlu (4818) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 2, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2003 A good summer beer at the cottage. Keep it very chilled! Fun beer when playing cards and boardgames.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sebas (3) - Moncton, New Brunswick, CANADA - OCT 14, 2002 does not count
That’s my beer from the age of 2 year old (Alpine All the time). That is the most fruity beer from the Moosehead Breweries. I prefer it very cold. I am so use to the taste that I don’t taste it anymore.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 26, 2002
I took a cruise to New Brunswick this summer and tried this beer. Tasted alot like Yuengling Traditional Lager. I like the slogan "You have to be here to get it."

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - MAR 23, 2002
A god BBQing beer on a hot summer day. Thats about it..Alpine is nowheres near one of my favorites. But from experience, and from input from my friends as well, no commercial laxative compares to Alpine! I sometimes cringe when given one of these at a party, cause out of politeness, I have to drink it......Geez I shouldn’t be talking so much shit about a beer thats brewed 40 minutes from my home...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Davhgbrew (948) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Had this beer when I toured the brewery, too bad we only get regular Moosehead in the states. This beer is definitely better than some of the mass produced bottles of water we have(Coors light,Miller,etc.)