overall
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 89   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.42   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - MAR 23, 2002
A god BBQing beer on a hot summer day. Thats about it..Alpine is nowheres near one of my favorites. But from experience, and from input from my friends as well, no commercial laxative compares to Alpine! I sometimes cringe when given one of these at a party, cause out of politeness, I have to drink it......Geez I shouldn’t be talking so much shit about a beer thats brewed 40 minutes from my home...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Davhgbrew (882) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Had this beer when I toured the brewery, too bad we only get regular Moosehead in the states. This beer is definitely better than some of the mass produced bottles of water we have(Coors light,Miller,etc.)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Had this beer when I toured the brewery, this beer was my family’s favorite. I thought it wasn’t bad for a gettin drunk brew, too bad we only get regular Moosehead in the states. This beer is definitely better than some of the mass produced bottles of water we have(Coors light, Miller, etc.)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
nukemarc99 (3) - CANADA - JAN 27, 2002 does not count
This is by far the best beer in the Maritimes!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dougan (93) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - JAN 11, 2002
You got to live here to get it, but don’t feel bad if you can’t.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
OKBeer (1168) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 4, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2003 One of my "hate to admit I like" beers. Golden colour, very carbonated. Light and on the bland side, but more flavour and body than most comparable macrolagers.

dirt (28) - Vancouver / Whistler, CANADA - DEC 9, 2001
Love the Alpine. Reminds me of home.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
watson99 (13) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 1, 2001
Crap....sorry, but I’ve never tasted such a bad beer. It and Schooner were the beers that you bought to a high school party to be assured that no one would steal it. It has an amazingly unpleasant taste that can only be made palatable by a state of extreme drunkeness (i.e. your taste buds just don’t care). And, as a draft, it was never worth the 75 cents a glass ....I can still taste the aftertaste....eeeuuuugggh

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
BudMan99 (9) - Blackville, New Brunswick, CANADA - OCT 29, 2001 does not count
I really think that for bring canada’s number one beer it should taste better than it does.....

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
I used to cross the boarder just to get this stuff. It’s one of the only light colored beers that I can drink. It has a sweetness that is not matched by any beer in it’s class. Is much better than similar American mass produced lagers.