overall

RATINGS: 164   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
fonefan (35088) - VestJylland, DENMARK - DEC 17, 2009
Bottle 330ml.
Clear medium yellow color with a average, frothy, good lacing, mostly lasting, white head. Aroma is moderate malty, toasted, fruity, apple - pear notes. Flavor is moderate sweet with a average duration. Body is light to medium, texture is watery, carbonation is soft. [20091130]

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
yespr (31235) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - NOV 30, 2009
33 cL bottle. Pours clear and golden orange with a small white head. Aroma is cornish and light grassy. Vague metallic and cornish flavoured. Mild bitterness and slight metallic note into a dry finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ungstrup (29369) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - NOV 30, 2009
Bottled. A golden beer with a lazing off-white head. The aroma has notes of malt, straw, and some metal. The flavor is sweet with notes of malt, metal, straw, and a bit of hay, leading to a dry metallic finish. Thanks yespr for sharing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Papsoe (25085) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 30, 2009
Bottle 33 cl. Courtesy of yespr. Pours a clear yellow with an off-white head. Aroma of sulphur and brewing cereal. Medium body, tart brewing cereal with hardly any bitterness. 301109

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
joergen (20861) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - DEC 1, 2009
Bottle at Papsø. Clear yellow coloured with a small white head. Malty aroma of grain and hay. Malty flavour of grain, hay and hops. Hoppy finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
anders37 (16789) - Malmö, SWEDEN - MAR 9, 2008
Can. Pours a clear golden color with a small white head. Sweetish malty corn aroma. Sweetish malty flavor with bready fruity hints. Sweetish malty finish with some bready hints.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
fiulijn (14777) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 13, 2009
Hazy blond color. Very light aroma of malt and hops. The mouthfeel is sweeter than expected, therefore cheaper than the aroma; hay flavor too, and quite low bitterness. Not too bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Dedollewaitor (13925) - Odense, DENMARK - JUL 23, 2011
Bottle @ Odense Summer Tasting, 2011. Pours clear golden with a small white head. Sweet and alcoholic flavor. Fruit and grain. Medium to thin body. Quite rough!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Theis (13440) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - OCT 24, 2012
Draught at Casa Senra, San Senastian. Clear golden - white head. Grainy. Hay. Cardboard. Zesty notes. Light hoppy. Bread. Plain.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Oakes (12633) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 6, 2003
First, I really wasn't planning on rating any new beers for a couple of days, so this one was a total accident. In fact, it was born of a bad cold I've been suffering. I figured I needed to clear my sinuses and one traditional method is to take lunch at Tacos el Asador in Koreatown. I've mentioned before how much I love this place - the food, the decor, the community atmosphere. Oh yeah, and the fact that they seem to find new beers for me to try - bested in this town only by Smokeless Joe's I think. So in I go and they have a sign for this on the wall. And some bottles in the fridge. Of course, I have a bad cold. And on top of that I burned my tongue yesterday drinking tea while my mouth was still frozen from a trip to the dentist. So this is a really hobbled rating...Ambar Especial from Zaragozana is a clean, malt-accented pale lager. Their is some hop bite, but not a whole lot. By international lager standards, this seems to be one of the better ones. I would wager that it is all-malt, and it is reasonably balanced. It's a pretty safe bet I'll be back at Tacos el Asador as it is one of my favourite restaurants, so it's a safe bet I'll be rating this one soon when my senses are back to 100%. But I'm sure of what I found this afternoon. I just need to double check to make sure there wasn't anything more.