overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 1268   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
A special light beer containing only 3.5% alcohol and approximately 35% fewer calories than regular lager beer. But every bit as thirst-quenching and refreshing.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 28, 2002
It s light beer, why bother. Brewers have made the word light synonimous with no flavor. but it does beat most of the american made lights.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Its a light beer so there’s not much to be said here, though its taste is better than most light beers. That damn watered down taste is still there, but at least the look and aroma improve with amstel. Its too damn expensive for such an iffy beer though..i avoid it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Ok, very week and not something I’d want to pay for. For a light beer, eh, is a even a reason for light beers at all?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
007lund (92) - Ann Arbor, USA - JUL 24, 2002
How good could any product of Henie be? Better than most American lights, but why would anyone really drink this unless there were no other options?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
One of those compromise beers that doesn’t have the flavor you really want in a beer, but if you need a beer and bud/coors/miller is the only thing else around, you go for one of these.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2002
I couldn’t even enjoy this beverage if I was stoned, tasted like human sweat. Not one for the strong hearted, but for the week willed. For callow tasted buds only. I’ll pass this up next time and get a real brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2002
While not as horrible as I expected, this was not interesting at all. Very watery and bland. The first time I’ve noticed the light sent of urine. I wish I could describe it otherwise, but I will not lie.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Well I’m not much of a light beer guy, so I’ll keep it breif. Yech!! thank god it was free!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 15, 2002
Not bad for a light beer--it wants to have hoppy tastes but it is watered down and filtered like every other light beer out there. I cant believe I am even rating this beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ClarkVV (4164) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 15, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2005 This is a high quality light beer. One of the best out there, nice hints of flavor, good flavor. Not horribly watery or carbonated(relatively speaking). Almost has a hint of body. Relative to its style this is a great beer. No offensive adjuncty tastes, no armoa either, but could be alot worse. Rerate Well after having this a couple of times recently, it’s not nearly as clean as I remember. I could have sworn this was a pretty good beer, but I also think that was back in college when I was comparing it to Busch, Miller, Coors, Genny, Natty, etc. . Yes, that must be the case. Well, now that I compare it to decent pale lagers, it’s quite bad. A meaty, almost sour flavor to it, with that gross fake corn syrup flavor on the finish, much like Coors.