overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 1276   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
A special light beer containing only 3.5% alcohol and approximately 35% fewer calories than regular lager beer. But every bit as thirst-quenching and refreshing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Ok, very week and not something Iíd want to pay for. For a light beer, eh, is a even a reason for light beers at all?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
007lund (92) - Ann Arbor, USA - JUL 24, 2002
How good could any product of Henie be? Better than most American lights, but why would anyone really drink this unless there were no other options?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
One of those compromise beers that doesnít have the flavor you really want in a beer, but if you need a beer and bud/coors/miller is the only thing else around, you go for one of these.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2002
I couldn’t even enjoy this beverage if I was stoned, tasted like human sweat. Not one for the strong hearted, but for the week willed. For callow tasted buds only. I’ll pass this up next time and get a real brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2002
While not as horrible as I expected, this was not interesting at all. Very watery and bland. The first time Iíve noticed the light sent of urine. I wish I could describe it otherwise, but I will not lie.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Well Iím not much of a light beer guy, so Iíll keep it breif. Yech!! thank god it was free!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 15, 2002
Not bad for a light beer--it wants to have hoppy tastes but it is watered down and filtered like every other light beer out there. I cant believe I am even rating this beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ClarkVV (4353) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 15, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2005 This is a high quality light beer. One of the best out there, nice hints of flavor, good flavor. Not horribly watery or carbonated(relatively speaking). Almost has a hint of body. Relative to its style this is a great beer. No offensive adjuncty tastes, no armoa either, but could be alot worse. Rerate Well after having this a couple of times recently, itís not nearly as clean as I remember. I could have sworn this was a pretty good beer, but I also think that was back in college when I was comparing it to Busch, Miller, Coors, Genny, Natty, etc. . Yes, that must be the case. Well, now that I compare it to decent pale lagers, itís quite bad. A meaty, almost sour flavor to it, with that gross fake corn syrup flavor on the finish, much like Coors.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
beerlovinman99 (124) - USA - JUL 9, 2002
So light it will float away. FOr beer drinkers who want no taste or aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 9, 2002
íThe beer drinkers light beerí. I guess I am not a beer drinker after all. The commercial said that the beer is not watered down, but I beg to differ. Not much of anything going on in this beer. Only high note is that it is dry.