overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 1263   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
A special light beer containing only 3.5% alcohol and approximately 35% fewer calories than regular lager beer. But every bit as thirst-quenching and refreshing.

deadboi7799's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
deadboi7799 (62) - Michigan, USA - FEB 15, 2002
for being alight beer this is about the best of had

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Eurlager (22) - New York, USA - MAY 3, 2015
Canned version: I think this is one the best light beers I’ve ever had. I don’t mind the low ABV, it has a fuller flavor than AAL light beers. I just wish I could find Amstel regular lager here in the US, as I expect it to have a fuller flavor and even more enjoyable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Anders84 (7) - SWEDEN - APR 29, 2015 does not count
Really easy to drink, perfect with beer sausages. The taste reminds me a little bit of Staropramen!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
SteveOrz85 (60) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2015
12 oz bottle into pint glass. Minmal white head. Golden color beer. Light barley aroma. Very light sweet and very lightly bitter taste. Light carbonation. Light bodied. Smooth finish. Overall one of the better "light" beers. Not bad. Norhing special.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
markextrae (1674) - NETHERLANDS - APR 20, 2015
bottle at amstel gold race, clear light golden pour with a white head. weird skunky aroma, wet dog, and corn. Taste like nothing cardboard, weird

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
EAGLE82 (163) - Röslau, Bavaria, GERMANY - APR 13, 2015
Not a good beer. Only drinkable if served really cold. Poor aroma and plain watery taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hfmejias (929) - Dover, Delaware, USA - MAR 20, 2015
Bottle. Pours clear golden, white head, and some lacing. Aroma of grain and yeast. Taste is sort of watery, grain and cereal notes, a bit of a metallic taste. nothing special just another pale lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
beer_rookie (68) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 18, 2015
I’m excited. I acquired this like you would a fruitcake. It was passed down and around until it came into my hands. I am more than happy to try it. I’ve been wanting to for some time. It pours nicely with a pretty nice head. Right away I pick up a grassy aroma. It has the appearance of a light beer, pale yellow, very clear. Taste is worse than I expected. It tastes sorta like Alka Seltzer. It has some citrus notes, and I taste some biscuityness. It has a mild hop flavor and it is slightly bitter. Do I taste corn? Yes I do. Mouthfeel is okay. It is watery and the carbonation is crazy on the tongue. Overall, the wait was not worth it. I would put it a notch below Bud Light.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
willisread (514) - Tokyo, JAPAN - MAR 8, 2015
No off flavors, just extremely watered down and bland. No taste. I didn’t hate it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SG111 (414) - New York, USA - MAR 6, 2015
Bottled. Pours pale color small amount of lacing. Aroma is lots of corny adjuncts. Flavor is sort of insipid and malty caramel corn quality.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
foyle (294) - Wyoming, USA - MAR 4, 2015
12 oz bottle served in pilsner glass. Appearance: pours a thick, pillowy white head that drops slowly with little to no lacing. Color is clear pale straw with moderate streaming carbonation. Aroma: surprising bit of aroma for the style. There is a definite breadiness and some grass as well. Mouthfeel: very light and watery, with a quick, drying finish. Flavor: mirrors the aroma. Breadiness and some sweetness from the barley, a mild bit of grassy hops. Overall: for light beers, probably the best I have tried. It actually has flavor and aroma. Essentially tastes like a watered down Euro lager.