RATINGS: 2896   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
teebradford (51) - Senatobia, Mississippi, USA - MAR 20, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2011 90% overall? Whatever. This crap tastes like grapefruit juice. I just donít get it. Why does evrybody 1like this piss? I would rather drink a coors light. Gross! I was VERY dissapointed in this. Their steam is much better. I just donít like this novelty stuff. Give me a nice Bass any day of the week. RE-RATE: My, how times have changed. I love this beer. Like a Sierra Nevada Pale, but a little better. Just goes to show how unsophisticated my palate was back then!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tejas (946) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2005
Canít believe I havenít rated this one, especially considering itís my daily drinker and a solid one at that. Flowery aroma but not too much like SN. Flavor is also more balanced than SNPA. Malty at first then finishes with slight bitterness. Thereís other flavors present but Iíve never been able to figure them out. Best guess is some roastiness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TBone (14794) - Pori, FINLAND - MAR 19, 2005
Clear brown color, creamy medium-sized off-white head, lace. Flowery aromatic hoppy nose. Crisp, flowery hoppy ale. Well-balanced, good bitter aftertaste. Tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
can8ianben (1423) - State College, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2005
I love hops and therefore love this beer. You wonít get much else, but thats alright with me. A nice cloudy pour and some sweet overtones make this a personal favourite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
McKnizzle69 (89) - Machesney Park, Illinois, USA - MAR 17, 2005
BOTTLE: Initial smell is fruity (bananna). Strong fruity taste with a slight hop finish. Also has a floral hint in the finish

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - MAR 17, 2005
12oz bottle...Iíve been drinking this for a week, everyday...man, this is hoppy...I didnít recall it as being so massive in that direction...but this makes SNPA look like a MALTY beer! Head is lacking, but otherwise it looks yummy..smell is not so much grapefruit as I would have thought...maybe a bit light struck in my 6er this time...but the hop character seems FRESH aside from that...like my homebrew hop character...malt is just buried in hops...this is a nice lunch time or just after work beer for me, especially when I can sit on the patio and enjoy a mild sunny day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Some spiceyness and layers to this beer. No better way to commemorate Paul Revereís ride...especially for a San Franciscan beer The beer of freedom and liberty and America. Some hoppiness and a little bit of smoke.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Goldorak (438) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 15, 2005
Golden, amber and transparent with a gorgeous meringue sitting proudly on top. I wasnít expecting that much head on it and was pleasantly surprised. Some Cascade citrus and floral features up my nostrils, but with an extra spicy twist. Good cookie malt presence, bitterness has more bite than your average pale ales, but smoother than an IPA. I really, really enjoyed this one. Proof once more that, for me at least, balance and nuance beats exaggeration and obstreperousness (my secret word for today).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Papsoe (25069) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 15, 2005
(Bottle 35,5 cl) Amber coloured ale, slightly hazy wirth a pretty thin head. Has all the typical ale-charachteristics with caramel and a scent of flowers. Pronounced, dry hoppiness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 13, 2005
Nice creamy head. Aroma is sort of tropical and citrucy. A very hoppy kick that reminds me of st arnolds elissa, but not as strong. Tastes a bit toasty and finishes bitter. Quite enjoyable however.