overall

RATINGS: 2806   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
davidflores99 (225) - Long Beach, California, USA - SEP 27, 2004
I was pretty impressed by this brew. It poured a golden color, and had a nice creamy thich head. Aroma was hoppy and citrusy, as well as the flavor. This is a nice IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 23, 2004
This is good a good IPA. Creamy Gold with a nice head to top. Solidly malty with a floral aroma. Citrus and bitter taste on top of a smooth and somewhat sharp palate. Very Good!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
hershiser2 (1289) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - SEP 20, 2004
Golden with a large head. Smells hoppy, bready, with hints of flowers. Taste is bitter, hoppy, and soapy- not the greatest IPA Iíve had, but not a snoozer either. Mindblowing mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tobias (204) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - SEP 19, 2004
bottle: bours a light amber color with a big head. it has a floral fruity hop aroma with a hint of citrus. the flavor is friuty and woody. a little citrus with a nice bitterness up front that fades in to a malty finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
jimhilt (2445) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 15, 2004
Pours a five-fingered white head that fades slowly leaving a ton of lace. Clear, light amber color. Hoppy nose. Medium carbonation and medium bodied. Starts as a mix of sweetness and hops but then the hops really assert and finish is hoppy with lingering bitterness. A very good pale but not for my tastes. $2.25 for a 12oz bottle from Colonial Spirits, Acton, Ma.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
CraigSheffer (12) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 11, 2004
This beer tasted like they had poured medicine in it, very odd flavour. Not a very nice beer. I would rather have a bud.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Padron4KM (612) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - SEP 11, 2004
Years ago I used to treat myself to Anchor steam once in a while, that is until I went to see the Dead in SF in the early 90ís.
While we were there we hit up several grocery stores looking for "cheap" beer to take with us to the lot before the show. every place we hit only had anchor and bud in the cold box, everything else was in the isles, warm.
I havenít touched it since so I guess subconsciously I was boycotting the brand. Tonight I ended the boycott.
Pours an orange sunset color with a big tanish head.
Aroma is citrus hops with a slight malt background.
flavor is lightly lemony, a little fruity and has a nice smooth round mouthfeel. finish was lightly grapefruity biter.
nice session beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BennyTicklez (621) - USA - SEP 9, 2004
This one was not nearly as good as I was anticipating. Pour was light brown with a small head. Taste was malty with not nearly as much hop taste as I was expecting. Weak. Not much body, and overall poor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - SEP 5, 2004
I canít believe I havenít rated this yet. Nice pour with a great organic earthy hop note...good balance all around. A good IPA that I had forgotten about until tonight.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
igel (196) - New Mexico, USA - SEP 2, 2004
Appearance: A golden color, sparkling, with a fine creamy head that reduces to a thin layer. The lace is slippery. Aroma: Hoppy, but well balanced with an earthy presence of malt as well as a fruits lurking in the background. Taste: Presence of hops and malt, but also complex with fruit flavors, and a dry finish with a crisp bite. Mouthfeel: Creamy and effervescent with a crisp, dry finish and lingering bite. IMHO: A well-balanced Pale Ale with more character than most – not over hopped and pleasantly complex.