overall

RATINGS: 2820   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Padron4KM (620) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - SEP 11, 2004
Years ago I used to treat myself to Anchor steam once in a while, that is until I went to see the Dead in SF in the early 90ís.
While we were there we hit up several grocery stores looking for "cheap" beer to take with us to the lot before the show. every place we hit only had anchor and bud in the cold box, everything else was in the isles, warm.
I havenít touched it since so I guess subconsciously I was boycotting the brand. Tonight I ended the boycott.
Pours an orange sunset color with a big tanish head.
Aroma is citrus hops with a slight malt background.
flavor is lightly lemony, a little fruity and has a nice smooth round mouthfeel. finish was lightly grapefruity biter.
nice session beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BennyTicklez (621) - USA - SEP 9, 2004
This one was not nearly as good as I was anticipating. Pour was light brown with a small head. Taste was malty with not nearly as much hop taste as I was expecting. Weak. Not much body, and overall poor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - SEP 5, 2004
I canít believe I havenít rated this yet. Nice pour with a great organic earthy hop note...good balance all around. A good IPA that I had forgotten about until tonight.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
igel (196) - New Mexico, USA - SEP 2, 2004
Appearance: A golden color, sparkling, with a fine creamy head that reduces to a thin layer. The lace is slippery. Aroma: Hoppy, but well balanced with an earthy presence of malt as well as a fruits lurking in the background. Taste: Presence of hops and malt, but also complex with fruit flavors, and a dry finish with a crisp bite. Mouthfeel: Creamy and effervescent with a crisp, dry finish and lingering bite. IMHO: A well-balanced Pale Ale with more character than most – not over hopped and pleasantly complex.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
wpp83 (64) - Athens, Georgia, USA - AUG 31, 2004
Poured a nice yellow-orange hue with a medium white head. The aroma was pretty hoppy. The flavor was quite bitter, though not as bitter as some pale ales that I have had. While not the top of my list I might be inclined to revisit this beer at a later date.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
thedm (5029) - Fort Wayne, USA - AUG 30, 2004
This brew poured a small head of fine to medium sized white bubbles and a hazy carbonated light yellow brown body. It has a malt hop aroma typical of a pale ale. It is very similar in flavor to a pale ale too, but does not have as much hop bite to it. Its mouth feel is somewhat tingly and soon fades. This would be a good brew to turn an untrained beer drinker on to a hoppy beer. Not to strong, but not strong enough for a true hop head.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - AUG 30, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 28, 2005 A solid, refreshing alternative to mass produced pale lagers. A pleasant, mildly hopped aroma with a clear amber coloring, this brew slides down easily. It hits the spot anytime.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Chicago, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pintbypint (2814) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 27, 2004
Sampled from 650ml glass bottle. Deep gold/orange pour. Head is resilliant white and thick. Hoppy nose, with spicey pine notes. Malty body with excellent bitter hop finish. My introduction to Cascade hops and American IPAs came from this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
NVBeer232 (467) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 26, 2004
Tap at Winking Lizard when this was glass of the month. Deep golden color, pretty fat head. Lots of classic west coast "C" hops in the nose. Body is nice and smooth, with a little bit of bubbly carbonation. Enough malt balance out those piney hops. Finishes clean. Nice APA.

presario (4817) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 24, 2004
Bottle. Big long lasting fluffy 2" head. Golden colour. Strong nose with more than just the Cascade hops. Malty, not overly sweet, balanced but strong hop flavour. Hops build in a nice long finish. I could drink a few pints of this.