overall

RATINGS: 2940   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tmoney99 (12990) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 30, 2005
Bottle. Poured a dark amber color with medium tan frothy head that diminished slowly. Aroma was pleasing hoppy. Flavor was all ale with a long hoppy finish. Good brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ABUSEDGOAT (2469) - California, USA - MAR 26, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2007 A good example of a Cascaded APA. Balanced and with moderate bitterness. Simple and to the point, yet well made.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 25, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2005 Poured a medium amber color with a nice white head. Aroma is hoppy...I smell fruit...banana. The best aroma of any APA that Iíve had. Flavor has a decent amount of bitterness but not overpowering. Compared to other APAís I like it better than SN, Boulevard, and Bells. Even though I like IPAís better than APAís overall, I wouldnít mind to drink this. Not bad at all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Malakin (469) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 23, 2005
Nice light beer with a bit of my favorite hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
teebradford (51) - Senatobia, Mississippi, USA - MAR 20, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2011 90% overall? Whatever. This crap tastes like grapefruit juice. I just donít get it. Why does evrybody 1like this piss? I would rather drink a coors light. Gross! I was VERY dissapointed in this. Their steam is much better. I just donít like this novelty stuff. Give me a nice Bass any day of the week. RE-RATE: My, how times have changed. I love this beer. Like a Sierra Nevada Pale, but a little better. Just goes to show how unsophisticated my palate was back then!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tejas (969) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2005
Canít believe I havenít rated this one, especially considering itís my daily drinker and a solid one at that. Flowery aroma but not too much like SN. Flavor is also more balanced than SNPA. Malty at first then finishes with slight bitterness. Thereís other flavors present but Iíve never been able to figure them out. Best guess is some roastiness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TBone (15519) - Pori, FINLAND - MAR 19, 2005
Draught
Clear brown color, creamy medium-sized off-white head, lace. Flowery aromatic hoppy nose. Crisp, flowery hoppy ale. Well-balanced, good bitter aftertaste. Tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
can8ianben (1458) - State College, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2005
I love hops and therefore love this beer. You wonít get much else, but thats alright with me. A nice cloudy pour and some sweet overtones make this a personal favourite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
McKnizzle69 (89) - Machesney Park, Illinois, USA - MAR 17, 2005
BOTTLE: Initial smell is fruity (bananna). Strong fruity taste with a slight hop finish. Also has a floral hint in the finish

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - MAR 17, 2005
12oz bottle...Iíve been drinking this for a week, everyday...man, this is hoppy...I didnít recall it as being so massive in that direction...but this makes SNPA look like a MALTY beer! Head is lacking, but otherwise it looks yummy..smell is not so much grapefruit as I would have thought...maybe a bit light struck in my 6er this time...but the hop character seems FRESH aside from that...like my homebrew hop character...malt is just buried in hops...this is a nice lunch time or just after work beer for me, especially when I can sit on the patio and enjoy a mild sunny day.