overall

RATINGS: 2819   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
barenada (211) - Georgetown, Indiana, USA - JUL 26, 2004
The citrusy smell and taste were just too much for me. It tasted like beer and orange juice mixed. Blech.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JUL 26, 2004
Every time I drink this it reminds me of why this is my old "standby" ale. When my knucklehead friends reach for a Bud, I grab one of these. Very nice sweet floral aroma. Honey colored, with a very smooth white head. The flavor is smooth drinkable, with a nice hoppy finish. Wonderfully flavorful on the palate, sweet, floral and bitter. Very nice beer, very well done.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NobleSquirrel (3438) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 25, 2004
Very pretty IPA color of deep gold. SLightly clouded, how I like it. Very nice nose of fruits and flowers. The hop taste is distinctly cascade and it caught me a bit off guard. For a minute, I thought I might be tasting an I2PA. It has a high IBU count, I’m sure, but tasty nonetheless. A nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUL 19, 2004
Cloudy orange with yeast sediment with a medium white head that diminishes fast. Has a strong hoppy fruit aroma. Has a smooth balance that I didn’t expect given the aroma. Nothing extreme in any way here. Solid malt, good hops, and a little citrus taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 18, 2004
An overall dissapointment. This brew pours a glden hue with a small head. Aromas of a lager, and flavors of the same. This may be heavily hopped, but it is also heavily malted. I couldn’t tell this was an IPA due the the lager taste and absence of deecent hop flavoring.... I would have guessed an english style pale or a steam beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 17, 2004
hoppy finish which is nice. decent mildly lasting head. pleasant semi-hoppy aroma. pleasant overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MullMan (1099) - New York, USA - JUL 14, 2004
nice rocky white tan-tinted head that lasts! golden color body w/ brownish hues at the center. nice hoppy nose, light flower. slight sweet malt too. hoppy, banana taste, good carbonation. no afertaste! excellent NorCal sesh’ beer. lacing on the glass has super sticking power.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
badgerben (4564) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUL 12, 2004
Amber color with little head. Hopy aroma and taste. Perhaps a little citrus. I think this may be a pinch overrated, but it is still better than the average.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 12, 2004
Amber coloring. Little/No Head. Very Hoppy Aroma and Taste. Sweet. Given the percentile, I’d have to disagree and place it as an above average beer...but little better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3488) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 12, 2004
Amber/blonde color, medium laced white head. Powerfull floral and fruity hops aroma with some caramel. Great floral hops flavor with some caramel. Sweet finish. Very good, I can never get enough of this beer.