overall

RATINGS: 2730   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Oristo (67) - Orinda, California, USA - DEC 26, 2002
Thi surprise of the lineup. I gave never tried this beer and the dry-hop nose and flavoring was very nice. This was the beer with the real nose here and we do travel on our noses ... a segacy of the vineyards. Very nice Ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cartoonkhaki (1220) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 23, 2002
Sweet, licorice, with a citrus aroma. Strange. Well balance. clear, coppery. Unique

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - DEC 23, 2002
Nice copper color, pleasant aroma. Excellent balance of sweet & hops. Finishes well, will defintely look for this again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CapFlu (4548) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 30, 2003 Nice copper colour and a frothy but dissipating head. I really looked forward to trying this beer after having their Steam Ale last week. Lasting fruity and flower aroma. Balance of malt with a slight hop finish and lingering floral bouquet across the palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GregClow (2902) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 20, 2002
Rich orange colour with a small white head. Aroma of musky fruit and floral hops. Flavour of orange rinds and a bit of malt, giving way to a bitter hop finish. I’m not exactly a hop-head, but I really enjoyed this one.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Crafter99 (10) - USA - DEC 12, 2002
I love this stuff. Excellent aroma!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Long time fave of mine. When in dioubt I head for this "comfort ale". Think that one of the heads of the US craft movement is owed its dues.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
radiomgb (2262) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 8, 2002
Copper colour. Hoppy, floral nose. Taste of citrus, mild hops. Finishes with a long hoppy bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DavidP (1747) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 8, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 27, 2004 Rerate 2/27/2004. I'm afraid my 2nd bottle is a bit stale (it's in a 1 pint 6oz bottle), but it's certainly better than the 3.1 I gave it earlier. Yeasty nose, reminds me a Belgian with cascase hops. Smooth light caramel flavor with subdued C-hops. Nicely bitter.

Light, pleasant hop taste. It wasn't as overbearing as some IPAs I've had, which is definitely a good thing in my book. I picture this beer as a good thirst-quenching beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 5, 2002
Not the best IPA I’ve had, but pretty damn good. Delicate, buttery/hoppy bouquet belies a refreshing amber ale with splendid carbonation and perfectly timed hops bite. Another please!