overall

RATINGS: 2676   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JFGrind (1833) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2002
Wow, it would be tough to improve on this beer. The hop aroma is very enticing, and the Cascade hop if very evident in your first taste. If your a hoppy person this beer is for you (especially on draft).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - APR 30, 2002
very good example of APA. medium malts and a slight fruity taste. I didn’t find this to be all that ’hoppy’ (of course i’ve been drinking a lot of IPA’s lately). seemed like most of the hops were in the head. Nice overall balance of flavors though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
leaparsons (7923) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 29, 2002
A beer thats big on hops! There is an underlying malty sweetness, too. Not a style thats too common in the UK. Shame.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Arnoud (35) - Hawthorne, New Jersey, USA - APR 24, 2002
Aroma screams HOPS!!! Big rocky head that must be 50% hop oil to taste soooo good. Great balance between hops and malt and goes down smoothly. Here’s my dilemna: This is my favorite beer in its style so do I give it the highest rating possible? What if it defines the style to me? Well, I’m leaving a little room for that elusive beer that might, and I repeat might, be better. Cheers!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - APR 24, 2002
My favorite American Beer. Full, rich flavor! A velvety smooth hop character... UNREAL!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - APR 22, 2002
I found this overrated when considering the good things I’d heard about it. Hoppy and fruity (apples?), nice looking but I didn’t find it exception. Might warrant a second tasting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
olympian (107) - USA - APR 15, 2002
A good one! First palate was vaguely reminiscent of Sierra Nevada, but this has a more roasted malt charachter, of course. Very nice hop/malt balance (like Sierra), good hoppy (a *teense*) floral nose, and dark malt lingering taste. Very nice indeed!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2002
I really like this beer. I would have to say it is my favorite Pale Ale. The Aroma got my attention really fast, and the hops are nicely present. Great Beer!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - APR 3, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2003 Rerate - Pours a cloudy amber orange with a thick head. Beer is full of delicious hops but seems to be more tame that something like Sierra Nevada's pale ale. Flavor finishes slightly toasted, with a slight citrusy cascade hop flavor. Great beer from California. Anchor makes me proud.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
NickB99 (6) - USA - MAR 30, 2002 does not count
This beer was very hoppy and a generally decent pale ale, but overall it just left a sour taste.