overall

RATINGS: 2680   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

chupe66699 (6) - Ballwin, Missouri, USA - AUG 29, 2001 does not count
One of my favorite beers. Very hoppy, yet not overpoweringly bitter. Try with green grapes. It tends to enhance the already fruity nose of the beer.

STUARTMILLER (10) - flushing, New York, USA - FEB 12, 2002
Another Great beer like Fullers ESB. I like what I like what else can I tell you. Like Fullers I prefer it in bottles. The fresher the better. Hop heads unite!

benzim (36) - USA - JUL 12, 2002
One of my all time favorite beers. Nice thick, complex flavor and a bracing hop blast.

BilgeRat415 (11) - - MAR 1, 2012
What can I say? Anchor brewery holds a special place in my heart. Liberty is great for when you want a beer with a little kick, but don't want to go as far as an IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
vanabbema99 (13) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 28, 2001
This is definately one of my favorites. Highly recommended full bodied ale; Wonderful!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
InTheHopper99 (11) - USA - OCT 10, 2002
Oh, how I miss this beer! I canít get it where I live now. If you have an ailment the aroma alone will cure you. It lasts the entire beer. Itís that good! Itís good any time of day at any temperature. A little warmer than cooler will really bring out the citrus flavor of the strong hops balanced with just enough sweetness. If itís too cold youíll lose the sweetness. A friend of mine and I used to go to the beer store and spend 15 minutes picking out two six packs. Half the time Iíd try to save a buck and a half and try something else. My friend would always buy the Liberty. By the end of the night Iíd being trying to swing a trade for one of those precious cloudy apricot beauties. The color is like a nebula deep in space. You think you can see through it but your eyes and mind are transfixed and transported to a vast space in yourself. The only reason this isnít a perfect score is itís not unheard of to get a skunk.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mickjay77 (15) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2009
[Look]: Hazy Amber Orange color with a nice rocky head. [Smell]: Citrus, fruity, earthly and bready aroma. [Taste]: Citrus, earthly and bready, hint of spicy. Well balance. Light to medium body. [Overall]: One of my favorite American Pale Ale.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
cesaro202 (12) - ITALY - JUN 6, 2011
Una delle mie birre preferite. Equilibrio Ť la parola giusta per descriverla. Aroma coinvolgente con sentori fruttati confermati allíassaggio. La giusta dose di amaro non eccessivo la rende una birra da bere in qualsiasi momento della giornata anche solo per estinguere la sete. Appena finita non di rado ne aprirei uníaltra grazie alla sua leggerezza unita ai freschi aromi erbacei e fruttati.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - APR 24, 2002
My favorite American Beer. Full, rich flavor! A velvety smooth hop character... UNREAL!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Brent (116) - Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA - SEP 10, 2001
A fantastic APA - hop city!