overall

RATINGS: 2743   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2001
Great ale. I love the hops and enjoy this beer all the way around. Delicious!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
gwfrankpsu (231) - McKinleyville, California, USA - DEC 18, 2001
A top ten. There are very few beers that are this good for this long. I really love this beer, and it is worth whatever I have to pay to get it. Wonderful hop bite, this is a great beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Arnoud (35) - Hawthorne, New Jersey, USA - APR 24, 2002
Aroma screams HOPS!!! Big rocky head that must be 50% hop oil to taste soooo good. Great balance between hops and malt and goes down smoothly. Hereís my dilemna: This is my favorite beer in its style so do I give it the highest rating possible? What if it defines the style to me? Well, Iím leaving a little room for that elusive beer that might, and I repeat might, be better. Cheers!

monkeyman (57) - Alabama, USA - AUG 11, 2002
This is the finest pale ale in the world (yes fellow quaffers, Iíve sampled many a pale ale, including Duvel and many, many others). Quality ingredients and bottle conditioning allow the incredible delicate flavor to escape unscathed in the trip out east. Pours with a huge head Ė fun to watch it settle into a rocky moonscape. Usually provides slight flowery hop notes with gentle bitterness; then some licorice, then the malt rumbles through. Lingering unique aftertaste is very pleasant and refreshing. Dead on consistency over the years; much more than can be said about other American pale ales, including Sierra Nevada and Hop Devil. BTW, the date of bottling code is terrific and should be emulated by every serious brewer -- would a winery sell undated Chardonnay?

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Moonlight77 (10) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2005
I like this ale even more than their Steam beer. Dry finish. Frothy head and good hoppy taste.

Burp (3) - USA - DEC 9, 2007 does not count
Noticing the handsome pint, my wife, who sticks strictly to wine, said, "That looks like a great beer." She is right, this is a classic ale. If I had to pick just one APA to have in the fridge forever, this would be it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
beercamel (84) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 15, 2009
This beer is one of my favorites and its always good never had a bad batch.. Cfrisp and bright and very hoppy the way I like. I drink like 20 of tyhese on independance day and always puts a smile on my face. Pours gold and firework yellow.

martinissra (9) - Stockkholm, SWEDEN - OCT 24, 2009 does not count
Lovely beer, has it all, a must for beer lovers, great colour, I need more, this is the greatest american beer that I have tasted

mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - NOV 3, 2010
Appearance: Golden honey color, slightly hazy. Nice fine bubbles. Head looks rocky, leaves a nice lacing on the glass. Aroma: Citrus hops, earthly, sweet malts. Taste & Mouthfeel: Citrus hops up front, mild earthly, along with biscuity malts. Semi sweet orange blossoms in the mid-palate, with touch of honey. Very refreshing, body is light to medium. Carbonation feels great. Finish & Aftertaste: Crisp finish with slight herbal bite aftertaste. Overall Impressions: Outstanding American Pale Ale!!

Quasty (4) - - AUG 20, 2012 does not count
The overall taste is exceptionally good with a little but highly delightful jaunt to caramel-land. I think itís a little bit too bitter though.