Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 507   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This copper colored ale is a silky, creamy dream. It’s malty, very mildly hopped, and lightly sweet, with a delicate hint of spice for that oh-so-drinkable, extra velvety flavor. A cool beer for the heat, whatever your latitude!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kevinkarpiak (18) - Massachusetts, USA - JUN 21, 2010
I’m still not sure if I like it, but it really does taste like a lager mixed with a good cream soda... I’ll have to have another

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerbobWFM (17) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 2, 2008
This is a good session beer for the summer time, nice copper color great head. It has a good biscuty aroma lots of vanilla. The flavor was very cream soda like with hints of toasty bread, good body for a summer beer. Nice and drinkable. If you aresick of wit beers and flavored hefes for summer beers try this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
skweek (13) - College Park, Maryland, USA - JAN 30, 2009
Pours copper with an off-white head. Taste is slightly malty and very creamy, almost like you’re drinking a creamsicle (however that would work). One of my favorite beers, I wish it was year round so I could drink more of it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BigMalt (13) - - MAR 15, 2013
The first time I had this one was at a growler station and I really loved it. It had a nice matiness and a very smooth cream-ale mouthfeel that I dug. I think bought a six pack of bottles and found myself very unimpressed with it the second time around. It was boring, flat tasting and unremarkable out of a bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
iamandrewgill (12) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 16, 2007
interesting cream ale- nice caramel flavor with vanilla aroma. a bit inconsistent, though- the first time I had it the mouthfeel was almost like a root beer float, but the next time it was much thinner.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
nixter (11) - Oakland, California, USA - MAY 29, 2006
This year’s cerveza crema pours an orangey wood color (matches my hardwood floor) with a thick, lacey beige head (if you pour it right). This beer is very creamy, with vanilla, bergamot, orange and carmel (the good kind) notes. The sweetness is matched by a squeaky clean, palate-cleransing finish that leaves only a hint of a nice malt flavor. Tasty and drinkable, sweet but not gross... I’d choose it over a milkshake (or an orange creamsicle) on a hot afternoon. Beware; this beer can’t handle being mishandled. Drink it fresh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hops1 (11) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAY 4, 2008
Ususally I like to dismiss summer beers as bland and flavorless but this example is quite stunning despite its low percentile ranking here. Mouthfeel is very smooth and creamy as the label implies. The real star of this beer, however is the masterful flavor. Strong caramel, fresh fruit, even traces of vanilla linger. Another winner from AVBC.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
kiscokid (10) - Mount Kisco, New York, USA - JUL 19, 2007
12oz bottle from Half Time in Poughkeepsie. I love all AVB beers . . except this one. This has one dimensional taste of malt. WAYYY too sweet. I literally threw away the rest of the 6-pack.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boydstradamus (9) - North Carolina, USA - AUG 13, 2011 does not count
malty brew with notes of raisin and blood orange. finish is long and refreshing. extra creamy mouthfeel from 12oz. can. overall impression reminds me of a sun tea for hot afternoons.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
altabessie (9) - Lisle, Illinois, USA - JUL 15, 2012 does not count
Sweet on the nose like bread dough and a bit light on esters on my first try. First sip comes across creamy and smooth and ends with a carmel sweetnesss. Out of the can and poured to a light head. This is a very easy drinking beer where you don’t want a hoppier Ale.