overall

RATINGS: 58   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Volks Weizenbock combines the strong malty component of a bock bier with the tangy, spiciness of the Hefe Weizen. This beer is brewed 1 1/2 times stronger than our Hefe Weizen and is aged commensurately longer for extra smoothness! Volks Weizenbock is "The Peoples Beer"!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beermaniac (86) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2004
Had at the Drafting Room in Exton, PA. Appearance: Light brown attactive color, good for style. Cloudy as it should be for style. Aroma/Smell: Typical banana/clove, spicy phenolics but aroma somewhat subdued. Flavor/Taste: Wheat malt tanginess/grainyness evident. Spicy yeasty notes again with a wheat malt bite. I liked the wheat characteristic of this beer, it really stands out, not so in many other weizens or weizen bocks that I've had. Slight soapy notes in the finish (off flavor). Some nuttiness/toastiness also which was good. Flavor was somewhat fleeting as I got to the end of my glass however. Mouthfeel: Medium mouthfeel, maybe even a bit light for style. Overall: Good weizenbock, but I ve had better. As I stated above, flavor was somewhat fleeting towards the end of my glass. I expect more fruitiness/banana/clove from this style, but its a decent beer nonetheless.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
obxdude10 (2022) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 16, 2004
Decently different beer, very little, tangy flavors, a hint of banana & clove, other fruity flavors, sweet finish, nice weizenbock

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Probiere (992) - Iowa, USA - JAN 17, 2004
I wish I could have had the beer everyone else seems to have had. Mine arrived looking like a fine dunkelweizen with a solid, slowly dimishing head. I smelled it, and things went donwhill from there. Smelled like mouldy wheat, man. Like sticking your head in a bag of bread gone bad. Ew! Tasted strongly of mouldy wheat and ripe with phenols. Alcohol on the swallow was at least pleasantly warming. Body medium-firm and effervescent. Finish clean in feel but tasting STILL of crappy wheat. Was this a bad keg? I dunno, but this was damn disappointing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
warrior (213) - Mt. Wolf, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 31, 2003
I had this draft last night and was dissapointed. It may have been a bad keg because it had a phenolic and slight acidic aroma. The beer had some sourness like it had a low latic bacterial infection. It was lacking the clove and banana flavors with the sweet caramel malt flavors that it should have. I will have to try this beer again as it is rated quite well here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 27, 2003
Somewhat astringent, fruity, yeast, estery, and sweet. Some wheat is noticeable along with some darker malts. Alcohol towards the end becomes somewhat cloying.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - MAR 19, 2003
A solid Weizen Bock. Belgie-files visiting Harrisburg should make it a point to try this beer. Had banana overtones very similar to the Abbey Roade but a much moretraditional beer taste. Quite good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2003
light very sweet, it had a light psuedo belgian flavor that made if one of my favorite beers of the evening

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
CherokeeJarod (54) - , USA - DEC 26, 2002
It pours into the glass a dark amber ruby color. There is no head when it came to the table just a thin beige covering. No lace is present. The aroma is of strong malt some yeast, spicy and some fruit. The taste reminds me of a bock. It is tangy, fruity,spicy and malty. There are some hints of yeast that hit the back and sort of linger for a second. This is a strong beer but very smooth. I could drink this beer all year long, and wish that it were available.