overall
Brewed by Arbor
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Bristol, England

RATINGS: 91   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Cask; Regular. Also available bottle conditioned.
We pushed our small brewery right to the limit to create this bad boy. We selected half a dozen of our favourite American hops, grown in the Yakima Valley, Washington State, and added bucket loads of each. With twice the hop rate of most of our other beers, it really is very hoppy indeed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
salvaticas (398) - - MAY 29, 2013
On tap, pours a cloudy orange. Weak aroma but fresh, leaves and mint. Bitter upfront with a mildly sour middle. Complex. Strong. Good. Finish is a little rough ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jimmythespoon (452) - CYPRUS - MAY 27, 2013
Had this and the moment i poured it I knew it wasn’t fresh, lots and lots of solid pieces of resin floating around, 2 month before bbd. I’m sure had I had it fresh it would have impressed me more, but there was just no oooomfff in this beer, slight citrus aroma and very very little bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Camons (5610) - Hasselager, DENMARK - MAY 17, 2013
Bottle @ Christers. Pours hazy golden with a creamy white head, some floaties. Aroma of malt, light fruit, peach, melon, citrus, light sourness. Flavor is malt, sweet fruity, citrusly hops. Medium body, lively carbonation, bitter finish. 130513

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Rasmus40 (10578) - Beder, Aarhus, DENMARK - MAY 13, 2013
Bottle @ Aarhus tasting. Hazy dark golden with an off-white head. Aroma is sweet, malty, caramel and moderate hoppy - fruity and citrus. Flavor is quite sweet and rather bitter. Dry and rather bitter finish. 130513

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
saxo (13796) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - MAY 13, 2013
Bottle. Nice head with good duration. Color is golden. Aroma and taste are malt, grass, bread, straw, fruits, little caramel and hops. Nice bitter finish. Nice bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
chrisv10 (10755) - DENMARK - MAY 13, 2013
Bottle, 7%. Slightly hazy amber with big off-white head. Aroma is malt, fruit, peach and hops. Flavour is malt, caramel, peach, medium sweet, hop, little citrus and medium bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerCast_Rich (1847) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - MAY 3, 2013
[keg, The Hanging Bat, Edinburgh] Hazy golden yellow. Sweet peach and lime finish. Sherbety. Definite peach. Finish builds to the bitter. Good stuff [25042013]

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerViking (2290) - Brentford, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 13, 2013
Cask at the Three Tuns, Bristol. Rich amber-brown with a clingy white head and a fresh pine and tropical fruit aroma. Initially slightly sweet, rapidly turning bitter and dry-fruity, with caramel toffee, toasted marmalade and bitter grapefruit. Long citrus bitter marmalade and toffee finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dommod2011 (698) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - APR 3, 2013
I’ve been chasing the hops and this delivers. Hops are good. I like hops. Hops are pleasing. Am I making myself clear? Loses a mark for an ambiguous reason that only those that know I like hops will understand. Am I making myself clear? Good. Hops. I like them. Am I making myself clear?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ACD (617) - Dublin, IRELAND - MAR 31, 2013
Keg dispense at The Hanging Bat. Murky orange with thin white head. Lots of pine resin, sweet orange, grapefruit, and caramel in the aroma. Taste gives plenty of deep resinous pine and slightly pithy grapefruit. Lots of fairly sweet and slightly cloying caramel too. Lingering pine resin and sticky caramel on the palate. Decent degree of bitterness. Oily mouthfeel. Pretty good stuff.