overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3914   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jan Primus (160) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 16, 2005
Rich red-copper colour, fluffy tan head. Amazing aroma, mostly hops and pineapple. Taste is very hoppy and malty. Taste like nothing else Iíve tried. A truly great brew, and Iím not even a hophead...many thanks to the guy at Premiere Gourmet who recommended this...lookin forward to trying more Stone brews.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Homebrewerguy (305) - Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 15, 2005
Zis bier lookt gut as I pourt it, mit ze gut head unt laceink. Zen I trank zum, unt it vondered me, vhere vas ze gut flavor complexion? Gif me ein gut Bock bier any time.
Earlier Rating: 2/14/2005 Total Score: 3.6
DRAUGHT I wasnít particularly impressed with this beer. It seemed to have the looks of a great beer, but the flavor seemed very one dimentional with some roasted flavor. The hops were quite manageable for a beer of this heavy body. I could easily name a dozen dark ales Iíd rather drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hayduke (4458) - Eureka, California, USA - FEB 15, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2008 From 22 oz bottle with the neat label. This poured dark amber with nice tan head. Strong hops and malts greet you. Takes over your mouth in a hurry and is easy to drink. Flavor of malts and hops in good balance. Long bitter finish. This is everything a craft beer should be. Yum, yum, yum. Love this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - FEB 15, 2005
This beer laces well. Whatís lace good for, anyway? Hops taste after a first sip, but as you drink more you find other flavors, including some sweetness. One day Iíll drink beers like this exclusively.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - FEB 13, 2005
Wow, I drank this in honor of the dearly departed Squid. Cheers to the furry friend to mouse and dog alike. Poured dark amber with a frothy off white head. aroma of hops, with a side order of hops. The taste is aggressive with some hops to start, followed with malt and then hops, and lingering hops as well, would I be a bustard if I did not love this, not being a hop head?

Tmoney99 (13066) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2005
Tap. Amber brown color with medium head. Complex aroma taht last the whole brew. Flavor is excellent with blend of character and good alcohol bite at finish. Drink one or have first.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Garbbled (24) - Oregon, USA - FEB 12, 2005
When baby hop plants are planted in the field, they go to sleep each night dreaming of someday being used in a beer like Arrogant Bastard Ale. Careful when you drink it however, you may go to sleep and wake up with a powerful headache.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jackamackson (127) - USA - FEB 12, 2005
on tap. this beer I thought was okay at first, but it has grown on me-its probably my most frequent choice. nice dark red with a frothy off white head. it laces well as I get through the glass. aroma is very hoppy and flowery, a little sweet. mostly hops in the flavor, but some maltiness shines through in the middle, but the hops come back to get you in the finish, and the aftertaste makes you want to drink more and more. not the best beer I have had, but It is my favorite because I could drink it anytime.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
balke13 (156) - MIssoula, Montana, USA - FEB 11, 2005
Dark amber color with a strong and lasting tan head. The nose is strong with flowery hops...a great treat in the first sip, the flowery bitter hops hit first followed by a dry yet sweet malt flavor and finished with more hop bite. Very good stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 10, 2005
This is fantastic stuff. I remember the first time I had it. I was 20. I poured it into a glass and thought to myself "something is wrong with this beer, the head is discolored". Now that Iím slightly older and less wiser Iíve come to appreciate a great beer when Iíve had one. Hops, man. Stone loves them hops, and so do I.