Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3856   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

ragesaq (71) - Arizona, USA - NOV 6, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2006 Arrogant bastard, not for the weak. Huge hop with competing huge rich malt flavor with some grapefruit peaking through and a slight alcohol taste coming in. Maybe a little pine-y type hint underneath. Thicker than most bears, it is a concoction that puts most beers to shame and seperates the worthy beer drinkers from the yuppies with their fizzy yellow beer. Beautiful dark appearance with a ruby red shine through it and a kick ass bottle top it off as one of the best accessible beers around. It is the measuring stick by which I judge all other beers by.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
johnyvt (158) - West Hollywood, California, USA - NOV 3, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 27, 2005 A strong beer with a lot of flavor in there. I find it is best served just slightly chilled and appreciated slowly. Lots of hops in there, but they are balanced well with a creamy, almost syrupy sweetness and noticable malt. Delicious!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
brentfeesh (1208) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - NOV 3, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2005 Very Tasty. This beer pours with a lite brown and frothy head. Very clear with a dark cherry wood coloring. The aroma was not as strong as I expected but you could get mild hints of hops and malt in a nice combination. I found the initial flavor to be sweet with nice chocolate, caramel/molasses, and cedar wood malt flavors. The sweetness, however, is replaced quickly by a strong pine resin flavor that continues to grow and lasts long after beer meets belly. An interesting mix of flavors and an enjoyable beverage!

Had a bottle that I’ve been aging for about 2-years last night and I was a bit dissappointed. It was drinkable but too oxidized for my taste. Cardboard was a bit too obvious for me. I think I prefer my Arrogance somewhat fresher.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Maxwel (3) - millfield, Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2004 does not count
Damn this beer is an asskicker! I love it, my favorite beer, my favorite style. Extremely hoppy and robust i haven’t tried the double bastard yet but it should be twice as delicious. Not a beer for chugging but it is good to sit in front of an open fire or play a good game of billiards with and noe doubt you will be a saucy suave Arrogant Bastard by the end of the night.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
chinreallyfat (21) - Chula Vista, California, USA - OCT 31, 2004
Another of the great Stone Ales. This one is intensely flavored but still fairly smooth. My first impression was that this must be the syrup that they make the other beers from. However in both bars where I imbibe, this one has started slowly but risen to be the number two seller after Stone IPA...even stomping Guiness into submission.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Loddeer (171) - USA - OCT 30, 2004
"You’re Not Worthy" - I most certainly am not. Damn, this one deserves a special rant. As I glare at Satan on the bottle, I cannot help but smile. The title in itself is excellent, it encapsulates my entire personality in two words. So there’s a special connection right there. Extremely strong and bitter but with such elegance / grace. As I drink beneath the bottleneck, I cannot help but notice the complexity. Upbeat hoppy and sweet flavors initially dominate, with dark chocolate overtones bombarding the palate afterwards. Haha, through the halfway point, I turn the bottle around and read the back, and it provides an ignorant comment to the non-sophisticated beer drinkers of the world. Good stuff. It honestly gets better as you get to the bottom. More hard and more dark, but never lets the alcohol intrude upon the rich flavoring. An excellent beer, throughly enjoyed, one that will be definitely sought after in the near future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
steve23mj (273) - Essexville, Michigan, USA - OCT 29, 2004
Pours deep mahogany with light tan head. Nose is of fresh cirtus, hops and a hint of malt. Flavors are creamy, slightly toffeish but with a mild string of alcohol notes. A marvelous beer. AS it warms to room temperature, the flavors become more pronounced. Nice finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jonas (6301) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - OCT 28, 2004
Pine, coffe and nutty roast, citrus. Red brown, creamy head. Powerfull earthy and pinehop flavors. Medium body, peppery aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CBCPaleAle (73) - Ohio, USA - OCT 27, 2004
Well done. Liked the rich malty aroma. Definitely not a session beer for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beerly There (26) - Oregon, USA - OCT 21, 2004
Bottle. Mahogany brown with reddish hues. Medium head with a light tan color. Aroma of hop oils. Taste is more of the same, much more but with the perfect amount of malt to offset the intense hops Long, delicious hops aftertaste for about a week.