overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3613   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
WestsideThreat (13) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAY 10, 2003
UPDATED: APR 21, 2007 I go back and forth wether I like this or Ruination more.
RARELY does a beer come along that is new and original. Something that hasnít been done yet. This is an aggresive beer, not for pansies. Hoppy and bitter, alcoholic and deep. Color is somewhat amber and non flattering, hiding the truth of the beer. Head holds its own. Buy this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - MAY 10, 2003
UPDATED: APR 27, 2004 I've had this a lot. One time it resulted in me locking myself in the laundry room. Right now it tastes excellent. Sometimes the first one is a bit of a shock. But the next always tastes like nectar. Reddish brown with beautiful lace. Just a little chocolatey with a medium bitter finish. Stone has to be one of the best breweries in the country. Rerate Oak Aged: Very spicy compared to regular. Kind of has a pumpkin pie taste to me. More complex than the original. Also had Oak Aged on cask once. It was a little softer than the regular Oak Aged. Overall, Arrogant Bastard is one of the most consistantly satisfying beers out there. Great price too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 1, 2003
Good aroma, however, doesn't look so special in the glass. Very strong taste that weighs heavily on the stomach. I'm not sure this is worth the $4.30 a bottle, but I may try it again in the future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SilkTork (5229) - Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom, Kent, ENGLAND - APR 30, 2003
The damn bastard grabbed my by the ears and pulled me down... "Lick this," he sneered. Now - hold on there. I can be a little wild now and again. O yes. I have been known to put stamps on envelopes upside down. I have even worn my underwear two days in a row. But putting my mouth to THAT! And DRINKING it! Now, that's going a bit too far. This is all Krisbierjaeger's fault. Now, there's an arrogant bastard for you. He sends me a bottle of this stuff and expects me not only to drink it, but to be somehow grateful? Grateful! Ha! I am clearly not worthy of being grateful. So, let go of my ears and let me breathe some clean air, the spicy fumes are just too much. I mean, this stuff smells like.... well, it's way too fruity for me. I'll just have a glass of low fat milk, if it's all the same to you. Or a nice cup of camomile tea. I mean, there's chocolate and licorice in that... Devilish flavours. Tempting flavours... Quite nice flavours... Well, maybe one little sip - after all, it does look rather fetching there in the glass. Sort of like a dirty raspberry colour. A rather naughty little raspberry that's been rubbing against a buffaloe's arse. I swear it just winked at me! O yes, that's good! Spank me! Spank me! Pull me down and let me nestle my nose in the bosom of your lupine delights. Tickle me with the hairs of your mighty orifice. Teach me how to drink in the glory of all that is life! Let me gulp down great draughts of marmite and the belching aroma of warthogs fed on the meaty droplets of behelzebub's farts. Let me... just stop a moment. Mmmm. This stuff tickles. It's arrogant, and it's laughing at me. Is it mocking my helpless indulgence in its sheer beauty? Or it is rejoicing in its own confidence? In its life affirming assurance? In its ability to open my eyes to a whole new world of assertive affirmation? Wow! I feel like a new man. Is this really my house? Is this really my wife? Is that really the tie I am wearing? And, o my god, are those really the underpants I chose to wear this morning? I feel like becoming an artist and going out to explore the world. I feel like... Hey, what's this stuff called again?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
shorlin (661) - St. Johnís, Newfoundland, CANADA - APR 30, 2003
Tan head, good froth, not much lace Deep deep red. Aroaa is a big smackdown hop, very heavy. Kind of a resiny pine with milder grain malt aromas. Some fruit, maybe pear. Awesome!! Oh wow, dry start, dry sizzly finish. Splendid beer. Thanks Beerprince!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2003
Very dark and very heavy. Not bad at all, but not something I'd want to sit around and drink a few bottles of. One was quite sufficient when I tried this. Still, it's not a bad brew by any means and certainly deserves its reputation.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - APR 29, 2003
dark dark dark color, strong aggressive flavor, huge tan foamy head, A+, a must have - must drink beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jjw2000 (72) - USA - APR 28, 2003
Pours a beautiful red color with a nice light tan head. Mild hoppy aroma. Strong grapefruit hoppy flavor dominates from the beginning. Very bitter. Malt detectable underneath hops. Finishes bitter also.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cobra (1100) - Banned City, - APR 28, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 14, 2005 Itís a prime example of an American Brown ale. Malty, complex, hoppy, this beer has it all. Pours out a dark copper color, my guess is ~12 - 15 Lovibond. Plenty of head on this brute, with malty aromas up front, and a hop backbone thatíll crush any competition. Excellent balance of hops & malts here.Long lasting lace that made it to the bottom of the glass. No small feat there. Caramel aroma, with a touch of fruitness, but finishes very dry. Not sweet at all, in my opinion. Nice finish as itís swallowed. If youíre worthy, buy yourself as much as you can, while you can.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BillKismet (3341) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 27, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2008 Gorgeous maroon-amber. Hop aroma was the best part. The alcohol was well hidden and the body is smooth, tasty and drinkable, with a superb malt backbone. Excellently crafted and perilously drinkable.