overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3904   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ungstrup (32889) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 16, 2004
A deep red beer with a beutiful head. The aroma is sweet with notes of alcohol and berries. The flavor is very complex with notes of cowberries, grass and enourmous amounts of hops which makes the end extremely grassy and dry. A wonderful beer. Thanks to Mads Berg for sharing this bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BearBrewer (86) - New York, east village, New York, USA - MAY 16, 2004
HOPS! HOPS!!!! HOPS!!!!! A very interesting beer. Did I say hoppy, yes.. it delivers as advertised a dark red/coppery pour with a small tan head. And yes.. it tastes of hops. Not sure Id drink it again but definately worth tasting.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
omestes (6) - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA - MAY 15, 2004 does not count
This is my favorite beer, after Stoneís IPA. It is EXTREMELY Hop-y. Very good aroma, very fruity. In flagstaff they have the 10th Anniversity edition, which is even better, but sadly sold out.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - MAY 14, 2004
Deep dark red with small persistent head and lacing. Lovely, lovely, precious aroma of fruit, berries and fresh, fresh hops. Mentholy fresh flavour with nice soaring hops. Coffe, or very dark chocolate, on aftertaste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
haukur (1588) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - MAY 14, 2004
yes!!! ... this is me in a bottle! wild berries and alot of hops in the arome. Taste is very hoppy with a nice tingering malty bitter hoppy finish!! this is THE stuff! thank you Stone, if I lived in Cali then my fridge would be full of this... Iceland sucks!!

BATLMULLET (127) - Highland, Indiana, USA - MAY 12, 2004
As stated, very aggressive. Highly hopped, but also quite malty. Darker than expected with a somewhat clingy and plummy sweetness. Sort of splits the difference between IPA and IIPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DanielBrown (4329) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAY 12, 2004
On tap at the Yard House, Rancho Mirage. Boy oh boy! This was a big, harsh experience. Initially intense and flavoursome like brandy, but once it hits the back of the tongue this gives way to the biggest hoppy hit Iíve yet experienced. The climax has moments of smoothness and then of sweet, cloying, throat-grabbing brashness. Appears to be a quality product, but itís too much for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cigarsnbeer (146) - Valley City, North Dakota, USA - MAY 12, 2004
Awesome, just plain awesome! If you think youíre worthy(and you are!)give this bad boy a try!

crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - MAY 10, 2004
poured a beautiful mohagany color with a thin tan head. aroma was sweet and malty with hints of citrus and alcohol. Flavor was mostly sweet with a spicy alcohol bite. Its hop flavor was full and pure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PullMeABeer (203) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAY 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2004 22oz Bottle. Am I worthy?? My nerves were a their peak as I put my opener to the imposing bottle. Pop!!,I was on my way to meeting this so called Bastard. It poured a slightly hazy orange/brown/red with a large towering head. The beer seemed to stare at me as much as I looked at it. Initial aroma of a freshly opened sour grapefruit slapped me in the face. Alcohol and a full richness lingered in the nose of this noble beast. As I put my lips up to the glass the beer bit my tongue. The grapefruit tartness runs throughout the beer as its strong backbone. Carmel sweetness lingers in the background. Spices and other unique flavor round this beverage out wonderfully. Mouth feel is medium, and the aftertaste might be the most impressive thing of all. I found myself smacking my lips, and wanting to drink more of the tempting and delicious elixir. I started out thinking "AAAAAHHHHGGG what is this" and ended saying MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! I am worthy!