overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3564   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jaymobrown (1649) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Easy to drink and not as aggressive as one would think. Toned down hops and bitterness. Ends dry and nose has some floral tones. Good if a bit thin.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
onmywaytoaa99 (3) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - DEC 7, 2002 does not count
This beer has a beautiful color and a nice thick head. First tasting impression was WOW hops!!! This was quickly followed by a nice fruity and caramel aftertaste. This is a really great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hoorayforbeer (105) - Denton, Texas, USA - DEC 3, 2002
Pours deep red with light tan head. Strong hop aroma. Great hops bite when still cold that changes to a wonderful malt/hops blend as the beer warms up. Finishes with hints of caramel and and a bit of a roasted flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mixamatt (427) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 3, 2002
Strong hoppy fruity aroma.Dark red chestnut appearance with thick head.Fruity strawberry peach flavors followed by extreme radiating hop bitterness.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2002
this is without a doubt the least appealing beer i’ve ever drank in my life. it tastes bad, it smells bad, it is bad. maybe i’m just not ’sophisticated’ enough.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MiataManiac99 (6) - New Mexico, USA - DEC 1, 2002 does not count
Very nice strong ale. I must admit I poured out my first bottle...too strong. I came back for seconds though...and it has really won me over! Not for the weak beer lover ;-)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Super charged in hoppiness which tastes awesome. The aroma is relatively weak for such a bold tasting beer. Nice and smooth as it ventures into my stomach.

herbsmoker99 (11) - Lakeside, California, USA - NOV 26, 2002
the perfect beer! not for pussys though

Frank (2778) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2003 Having retried this a few times after the hundreds of beers I've sampled, I no longer think it's the extreme monster that I once did. Well, it is extreme but in no way a monster. Rich, full-bodied, complex and well balanced. I like it now more than ever.

Original Rating: Hops! Mind expanding amounts of flavor. Maybe too much of some but I think that's the point. A real killer. It's not my favorite beer but Arrogant Bastard is a definite must try, if only for the name and the cool bottle. My favorite part: the grapefruit finish. Avoid drinking this too cold; it throws off the balance of flavors. At refrigerator temp, it's a fist of hops straight to your face. Wait for it to warm and it's much more well rounded.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 23, 2002
Ahh, a great beer! Got this bastard in the mail today. The color of this is dark amber with tones of red. Reminds me of there pale ale just darker and stronger. I’ll have tom get more of this sent....