overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3906   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 17, 2004
Hoppy, caramel aroma, also treacle and spice(nutmeg?) Ruby, with a small toffee head. Fine hoppy bitter almond flavour, and a bold malty aftertaste. Full bodied, dry and bitter. A Wonderful Offering! Thanks Radek and a special Thank You to Carolyne (Radek's Sister-In-Law.)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - APR 16, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2005 OK, I am typing this as I try this beer, so here we go. Aroma is God F*****G awful. Smells like rotted fruit rinds and cheap perfume. I cannot stress this enough. First sip: Initial thought "So, this is what badly fermented orange juice tastes like." Second sip: Ok, a little more mellow. OK, burnt orange taste, VERY bitter acrid aftertaste. 3rd sip: Am I rating something that is an overall 4.03? Did the fine folks at SBC accidently bottle dishwater in the bottle? 4th sip: Ok, the aftertatse from the first 3 sips is killing me. I wonder how many people buy this shit more than once? 5th sip: No more. As I finished this beer, it got a little better, but was still not plesant. Everything about this beer is overproduced. It is too sweet, too hopy, too freakn’ fruity. This is officaly the most overrated beer on this website. Period. A valuable lesson can be learned from this beer: a cute name does not a good beer make. If Budweiser released this very same beer with a name like "Bud Strong Ale" then most people would rate it around a 0.8 and complain about it. But, a micro with a cute name=masterpiece. Once again,a cute name does not make for a good beer. 02/25/05 Re Rate-I am trying this beer once again because my beer palate has developed more. Just some quick notes: bitter, hoppy, very flavor full. Much better the second time around. I will be raising my 1.9 original rating.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Skip (206) - Indiana, USA - APR 15, 2004
You have to know beers to understand how over-the-top this one really is. Everything is overdone, but the result is, in my opinion, excellent. Rated as a straight brown ale, Arrogant Bastard would fail miserably in my rating database; on the other hand, because I love hops, love craft brewed beers, and love things that go a bit eccentric, I really enjoy this beastie. The above refers to the bottle. On tap, it is even better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Imbockinsxtx (82) - Big Bend (Benavides, TX), Texas, USA - APR 14, 2004
Pours very Opaque with an interesting yellewish/whitish head. Aroma is Hoppish if nothing else. WOW! the mouthfeel is an outright sensory assualt on the taste buds, with an abundance of flavours with an Alcohol presence. The Glass laces well. The overall effect is that of a Cocktail then a Beer. Wow good to the last drop. Kudos to SBC. Thanks Buds.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DocLock (9243) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 10, 2004
Stone is rapidly becoming my favorite brewer. Their irreverant sense of humor, gorgeous embossed bombers, and ass kicking beers add up to a marvelous brewing company. Pours with a great deep brown color, great head, and great lacing. Smells like heavy malt, caramel, cognac, toffee, and slight hops. Tastes extremely malty, with the aforementioned aromas as flavors. This beer is dense and slightly thick on the palate (which is good). Finishes smooth, malty, and hoppy, with a final burst of sweetish malt, slight hops, and fine cognac/scotch. As the label says, "You are not worthy". I liked this one so much that I just ordered a few T-shirts. Stone kicks ass!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 7, 2004
A rush of intense flavor. Definitly tasted the grapefruit hints in this. A very enjoyable beer that is certainly made for real beer drinkers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
maeib (8749) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - APR 7, 2004
On tap - David Copperfields NYC. Wow! My first experience of such hoppiness. Greg's comments are fascinating. I can't imagine many (normal)people getting on with this, but we lot are a bit different! Aggressive and arrogant are not the words. The aroma is so very very tart. I noted passion fruit and grapefruit. The colour is a dirty brown, but we shouldn't pay too much credence to that. This beer tastes at first like grapefruit in need of sugar (lots), but you soon start to enjoy the tartness of it. It is hard going as a first experience of this type of beer and I probably cannot do it justice with my English palate. Certainly a sipping type beer rather than guzzling; but a beer that when you finish it, it is with pleasure rather than pain - well worth drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Radek Kliber (6895) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - APR 5, 2004
Ruby red, blood like. Low carbonation. Thick big creamy head, highly unusual like aged deep cherry compot, spiced with hops. Hints of medium dark malt. Nice, surprisingly shy aroma. Flavour had spicy hoppy notes, hoppy but different than most hoppy beers. Cherry-bitter hops. Bloody good stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
GoldenCrown (18) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 3, 2004
A good sweet aroma. The tasting reveals no finesse, only an oppressive presence. The aftertaste is similar to having a metal tongue depressor in your mouth. I'll pass, you arrogant bastard!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Uriel (146) - San Jose, California, USA - APR 2, 2004
Aggressive is definitely accurate for this beer. It's all kinds of strongly hoppy. Once the hoppiness washes away, smoky tones are very apparent in this beer.