overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
GiddyBoy (117) - USA - APR 8, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2008 I am not worthy. They are not kidding about this one. It is overpowering and devastating. It had immense flavor and strength. It is very dark, and the AC will knock you over. I must say that although it was too much for me, I could see why it is raved about. I am just not good enough to drink it regulary (a low A tolerance doesnít help either). Serious attitude...

crdic (105) - California, USA - APR 5, 2002
This is IT. What a beer. The intense hoppy bitterness of the initial taste hits like a hammer, while still being elegant and balanced; and the finish is beautiful and lasting. I can see why some people warn beginners away from it, though; its power could be overwhelming for the inexperienced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MeanMrMustard99 (2) - Plano, Texas, USA - APR 3, 2002 does not count
Definately a good beer...memorable. I donít think I would have been able to have more than one of these in one night...not because of the alcohol content, but because the taste is really stong. Too bad itís hard to find here and so expensive =(

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
NWHopHead99 (58) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAR 31, 2002
Mmmmmmmmmmmm: I am Norwegian, so I am already an arrogant fuck, and on that note, I found this beer to be very drinkable! (note, hops donít scare me). What a joy from start to finnish! Beauttiful head, wonderful dark red color, lovely lace, aroma that clung to the air until morning, and a thick bodied drinkability that that left my friend and I grinning with arrogance for hours!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - MAR 30, 2002
I finally got to tangle with the bastard. I shared a big bottle of this with a good friend today. This all natural brew pours a clear ruddy red with a large creamy light brown mostly diminishing rocky head that has good lacing. The nose is bold but clean with sweet and toasted malt balanced by grapefruit, flowers and light spice. The big warm taste is spicy and balanced with no shortage of complexity and bitterness (a plus - right up there with Alpha King). The medium chewy and creamy body is outstanding with a soft carbonation that finishes clean. One of the best Iíve tried so far.

dins (266) - Texas, USA - MAR 29, 2002
Nice hoppy ale that leans toward the bitter end of the spectrum.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
BeerNazi (169) - winnetka, California, USA - MAR 22, 2002
this is my fav beer of all time i drink this beer every weekend to get my drinking started, i even got the logo tattooed on my forarm.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tapIluv99 (41) - Plano, Texas, USA - MAR 21, 2002
Hops, Hops, bitter...all should try, interesting! Donít think I could drink on a regular basis though.

kevinconaway99 (9) - USA - MAR 18, 2002 does not count
My all time favorite beer. Nothing compares to the bastard. Try it if you think youre worthy

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 18, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 11, 2007 Re-rate: Murky deep orange color, with a nice sized tan head. Huge pine aroma, starts and ends very bitter. Very aggressive and tasty. Old rating: 22 OZ bottle: A sweet cascade smell that is enchanting. Nice bitter, malty taste, yet very smooth. If you think that Molson is good beer, you arenít worthy.