overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3577   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

Indra (2606) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2004 Nice blend of caramel, fruit and pine in the aroma. Arrogant Bastard is a deep red color, with very fine carbonation. More choice blending of hops and malt in the flavor. Malt is almost sticky sweet, but the earthy hop flavors are right on top of it to make sure it doesn't run too far. I like the hops that are in this beer, whatever they are. I do have a preference for the piney, spicy hops over the citrusy or less complex ones. Finish sees some tingle on the palate from the hoppiness, then both malt and hops mingle again. Similar in profile to a Winter Warmer or English Strong style, but has a bit more bitterness than most of those. Quite tasty. My kind of thing. Not yours, though. ;)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheOrange (479) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Aroma is very sweet, and somewhat chocolaty. The color is much darker then I was expecting. It is about the brown of well worn brown leather shoes. As for the flavor, the label pretty much sums it up. Pretty good. Definatly not an every day beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
cAPSLOCK (155) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
It is rare I find a beer that I MUST drink slowly. Both the tase and the high alcohol make this a sipping beer for me. The flavor is complex with lot’s of hops and sweet maltyness. I must admit that the marketing is pretty agressive.. but the beer lives up to it fully I think. The finish on this is about as long as it gets.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
The attitude so agressively displayed on the bottle is carried out inside the bottle. Beautiful color with a slight roasted flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - JUL 21, 2002
Nice deep amber color. SLight hop aroma. Body is ablend of malt, caramel, and a hint of roastiness and bitterness. Finishes with somewhat of a hop bite. Another great brew from Stone.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 20, 2002
An excellent beer. Cheers to Stone Brewing for this one. Very nice amber color, strong hops presence with a complex malt flavor and aroma. And the label on the bottle is enough to make it worth drinking. Believe the hype, this is simply a great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - JUL 19, 2002
A delicious beer. I thought with all the hype, it won’t live up to it but I was mistaken. A dark amber/brown with a cornucopia of aroma and flavor. I wasn’t much for the hop heavy brews but this is very well balanced. I can appreciate the hop flavors without them overpowering my taste buds. Damned good!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUL 18, 2002
It’s all marketing. They try to do too much with this beer and leave me empty. I don’t understand all the hype. It wasn’t aggressive it was mediocre.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jamrun (137) - Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA - JUL 17, 2002
Hops very present almost over powering sweet maltiness takes over the more I drank this beer the more I wanted

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
weusebio (69) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 17, 2002
looks, smells and tastes good. an amazing beer. even if it weren’t, you’d still want to drink it because it’s cool.