overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3594   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

dins (266) - Texas, USA - MAR 29, 2002
Nice hoppy ale that leans toward the bitter end of the spectrum.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
BeerNazi (169) - winnetka, California, USA - MAR 22, 2002
this is my fav beer of all time i drink this beer every weekend to get my drinking started, i even got the logo tattooed on my forarm.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tapIluv99 (41) - Plano, Texas, USA - MAR 21, 2002
Hops, Hops, bitter...all should try, interesting! Don’t think I could drink on a regular basis though.

kevinconaway99 (9) - USA - MAR 18, 2002 does not count
My all time favorite beer. Nothing compares to the bastard. Try it if you think youre worthy

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 18, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 11, 2007 Re-rate: Murky deep orange color, with a nice sized tan head. Huge pine aroma, starts and ends very bitter. Very aggressive and tasty. Old rating: 22 OZ bottle: A sweet cascade smell that is enchanting. Nice bitter, malty taste, yet very smooth. If you think that Molson is good beer, you aren’t worthy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Hah! I finally found it, and it was definitely worth the wait and travel. Really, enjoyed this brew, and its heavy, hoppy, punch definitely came as a pick-me-upper. Not only that I would stock my fridge with, but certainly one I’d get again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ROBERT99 (5) - PLANO, Texas, USA - MAR 16, 2002 does not count
A nicely hopped, well - balanced English Strong Ale. Beware after drinking 2 or more bottles !!!

papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - MAR 14, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2004 3/14/02 I like it !!! Very bold, but good for a change of pace. 1/30/04 Deep mahogany color with a frothy mocha head. Rich barley wine like aroma with a touch of grapefruit. Flavor starts rich and caramel sweet followed by some intense hop bitterness that is well balanced by the malt. Finish has a dry stout like bitterness. Palate is rich and smooth. By GOD, I am fucking worthy!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerdrinkingking (47) - Colorado, USA - MAR 13, 2002
good beer except for tasting so hoppy and it also has a great name

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
PCal99 (4) - San Marcos, California, USA - MAR 12, 2002 does not count
I went to the Stone last weekend and sampled their beers. Well worth the visit for anyone visiting North County San Diego. The staff was very friendly and showed us the entire facility. This is a great beer. I bought a case!