overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3930   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
bergface (56) - madison, Alabama, USA - JAN 3, 2007
The white grapefruit flavor was overwhelming and honestly I couldnt taste anything else except for hoppy bitterness. The bottle claims sophistication but I sensed no such subtlety. I havent seen (tasted) an ale more undeserving of the 99th percentile.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
cgort (56) - San Clemente, California, USA - JAN 10, 2008
Smells of citrus and hops. pours a dark amber color (slightly brownish) with a small tan head. Taste of fruit, but changes to a citrus flavor that leaves a bitter aftertaste. Multiple flavors. The palate isn’t to thick. Overall a good buy, but not my favorite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pinkandgeek (56) - Georgia, USA - FEB 9, 2011
22 oz rocket. Pours a opaque, hazy, copper. Medium light tan head w/medium lacing. Nice & fragrant aroma with citrus, fresh pine present. Slightly yeasty & malty. Mouthfeel is nice and smooth with a crisp, bitter finish. A great beer. Though its 7.2% abv, no alcohol aroma. Very drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SabreSkull (56) - North Augusta, South Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2012
aroma caramel, bread. looks hazy red brown. caramel sweet expertly balanced with bitter finish and slick mouth coating, a dash of salt. sticky and creamy. enjoyable strong ale!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Piotr (56) - POLAND - AUG 21, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2015 1/3 served in teku, Brewdog Notts. Taste of every dark thing that exists, coffee, carmel, whisky, cherry and so much more. perfectly balanced. Slight taste of alcohol, great appearance and great aroma. Really nice one!

specksnreds (55) - USA - APR 26, 2008
Great stuff. Bitter and balanced. Lovely lacy head with a great reddish-brown color. A classic. Love it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dslunsford1 (55) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2007
Pours dark with a thin tight head. Thick, opaque copper color, with an aroma that draws us back to a private reserve we sampled last week. Smooth, although very hoppy. I believe that this is one of the better beers we’ve sampled in the past few months. $4 for a 22 oz. bottle. I must admit, after trying a bit of this, part of me doesn’t want to finish the Tequiza that I started to pregame on.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
biomechanic (55) - Washington, USA - JUL 9, 2003
Not bad. Is really hard to describe. It's been a long time since I had one of these. It smell kinda floral and has dark reddish color. Like thte label says 'aggresive'.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JackLanders (55) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 14, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2004 I liked a lot this beer the first few times I had it. Then I realized what it tastes like. Soy sauce. Drinking this beer is like drinking a bottle of soy sauce. Absolutely disgusting. Since that revelation I can't touch the stuff. Neither can anyone else who I have mentioned the word 'soy sauce' to while they were drinking it. I'm all in favor of big malt, big hops, etc. But I'll be getting that elsewhere now. If I ever buy another bottle of Arrogant Bastard it will go into a a stir fry.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
fasteddieIX (55) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 24, 2004
Pours a nice brown color with aromas of caramel and toffee, which also form the majority of the flavor. Make no mistake, it's quite bitter, but comes off fairly well.