overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3564   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
dI5tIL (15) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 28, 2003
Typical early American homebrew beer style. Over the top on every front, especially specialty malts. Still, if you are used to such a strong American Ale then perhaps this is right up your alley. Personally I find no real faults. Beautiful aroma and colour, but other big beers are far better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerhoto (14) - Terre haute, Indiana, USA - OCT 2, 2003
One of the best ales I've had. A very dark, deep red, and a nice head. A full bodied ale with a great taste, can't wait untill my local pub gets the Double Bastard.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
micheller (14) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - OCT 23, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 1, 2003 this is the most hoppiest beer i have ever had. this is a good beer i like this one pretty well...i won't be using this in my crock pot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerabill (14) - Silverdale, Washington, USA - SEP 6, 2006
This is a great American beer. I was stationed in Germany for a year, and this is better than anything I tasted there. Bottle: Dark brown color, nice very light tan head. Smells sweet carmel. Tastes fantastic, bottle description is right it is "sophisticated" smooth bitter carmel hoppiness. Rolls down very smooth. I will be visiting this brewery on the next visit down to SOCAL. Superb.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
maverick5623 (14) - santa barbara, California, USA - JAN 25, 2007
Awesome ale served in a type of flute snifter glass at a local joint in S.B. great bablance of hop oilin and malty sweetness, really enjoyd the two wresling for flavor and complemented as well. great mouth feel great brew

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brian1985 (14) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 3, 2007
Serving Type: 22oz bottle into glass Appearance: Pours a muddy brown with a one finger off-white head that leaves some nice lacing around the edge of my glass. Smell: Pine hops, and floral hops. Not much else. Taste: Lots of hop bitterness, mainly pine and other floral hops, just as the nose implied. Mouhtfeel: Light to medium body with little carbonation. Creamy and smooth. Drinkability: One 22oz bottle is more than enough for me in a sitting. Would I buy this again? Most likely not. I bought this namely for the reputation. I still would like to try to get my hands on a bottle of Oaked and Double as well, though, at least just to try them once

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cspring (14) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - APR 13, 2007
Bottle - Nice pour, good head with a lasting head. Great taste from start to finsh. Good beer with a cool gargoyle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pleasesir (14) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - FEB 8, 2008
Deep clear caramel w/ creamy fine thick head. Piney sweet toasted aroma w/ tiny hints of nutmeg & ginger. I got some of that "biscuity" malt that I’ve read about but not found up until now. After the swallow the hops whack you on the back of the tongue. A mouthfillin’ taste bud crushin’ sum’bitch!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
KingKnuckles (14) - Bronx, New York, USA - MAY 16, 2008
This beer is impressive, the aroma is a kind of berry sweet, kind of reminds me of children’s Tylenol and alcohol. The appearance deep red, my friend said it looks like blood. Flavor is simply amazing plenty hops, also a berry taste but not too much, dry maybe a little to dry but I like it a lot. Great feeling on the tongue. Overall this a great beer if you are worthy enough!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
MTNMAN509 (14) - Goleta, California, USA - FEB 6, 2003
Good stuff. Skunky aroma, a little bitter, yet easy going. This was very enjoyable to me. I give props to the fine brewers over at Stone for this one. Go so cal!