overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3798   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrKevvie (29) - Texas, USA - MAY 9, 2004
I loved this one, its got a ball tearer of a flavour, wicked punch after a couple and very drinkable, overall a dangerous one if you get too many at once, easy to keep drinking!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 10, 2005
This is fantastic stuff. I remember the first time I had it. I was 20. I poured it into a glass and thought to myself "something is wrong with this beer, the head is discolored". Now that Iím slightly older and less wiser Iíve come to appreciate a great beer when Iíve had one. Hops, man. Stone loves them hops, and so do I.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dick1984LS (29) - 29 Palms, California, USA - AUG 27, 2005
by far the best beer i have drunk thus far made me feel stupid for like the next three days but the taste was so worth it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sarah3961 (29) - allston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 28, 2006
dark reddish brown, complex flavors. Drinkable, but I didnít love it. Bitter finish. Not to alchohol-tasting. I mainly ordered it because I donít think Iíve ever had it before- it was okay, in a situation where the choices were arrogant bastard or budweiser I would choose the arrogant bastard, but otherwise I would opt for something else.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Gus (29) - Chesapeake, Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2006
First thing that hits you is the strong hop aroma, along with a very toasty carmel malt flavor. A very dark red color. Medium carbonation. Flavor is very bitter, but tends to leave you with a good aftertaste. Strong but goes down somewhat smooth. This is one of the best beers to date. Not one for drinking in large quanities, one to enjoyed slowely at the end of a long day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
99beerman (29) - Gardners, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 13, 2006
Amber brown body with a beige, full head. No bubbling coming off the bottom of glass after about 30 seconds. Smell is of hops, but not overpoweringly so; really a subdued surprise here. Taste is a combination of both floral and fruity hops. Most pronounced are the apricot and pineapple flavors that are also found in the regular stone IPA. The major differences of this beer are a darker color and a bigger bitter, more varied taste. There are indeed ďaggressiveĒ hops added to the mix that give a really nice bite. The aftertaste is more bitter hops and fruity sweetness; both well disguise any alcohol that may have been lurking. So thatís the Arrogant Bastard, not as daunting as I had imagined it would be, though certainly a worthwhile beverage with a confounding compilation of hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Dynamind69 (29) - San Miguel, California, USA - FEB 16, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2007 This ale pours rich amber red,with a tan head.What stands out is the amount of hops, with a skunk smell.Too much hops for me ,but a great brew nonetheless,the strongest ale I have tasted yet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
smashweights (29) - Ohio, USA - APR 25, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2009 1 pint 6oz bottle. Pours a dark brown/amber with a lot of thick, foamy head that holds shaping. Thick, medium body, creamy. Fairly bitter, smoky caramel flavor, strong pine/grasy hop flavor. Aroma is about the same. Finish is bitter. After having a pint on tap at Fox & Hound I thought this beer had a much better flavor, the bitterness is more appealing, body was a bit lighter. Better enough so that I had a second!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Arborescence (29) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - FEB 11, 2012
Appearance Deep brown, a little hazy, pours a creamy head that lasts. Aroma Hoppy, reminds me of a strong pale ale, a hint of iron? Taste Hoppy bitterness, IPA-like characteristics, not much malt at all, although one might expect it from looking at the beer. It is nevertheless quite smooth. Overall Iíve had the Arrogant Bastard from tap before, and I recall quite liking it. Itís hoppier than I remembered, and indeed youíd think that this is a particularly bitter IPA from just tasting it. The strange thing is that it looks like a brown ale, and the creamy head would suggest something completely different than what you get: in your face hoppy intensity. Stone Brewing makes a case for this beer being something alternative that not many people will like, but actually I think that this comes quite close to some of the stronger and bolder IPAs or maybe Double Pale Ales that are not uncommon in the US.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jamiesessions (29) - - JUL 15, 2012
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2012 I am in fact, not worthy to possess this article of deliciousness. A big beer, but always a good choice