overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3902   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bluesman42@gmailcom (43) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 12, 2007
Hoppy as hell. This one kicked right in the back of the mouth, but that wasnít a bad thing. Nice frothy head and a spicy finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghostwheel (43) - Hauppauge, New York, USA - APR 26, 2004
A great pour. Nice deep copper hue. Hint of hops in the smell, but a stronger taste of hops in the drink. Great aftertaste which stays long and a solid alcoholic punch. Knocked me on my ass.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LBIguard (43) - - JUN 22, 2014
A: strong malt characteristic with the his coming through as a resin finish. Smells of alcohol A: pours clear caramel color with off white head. Big and frothy with a lot of lacing T: well balanced. A lot of buttering hops. Little hop flavor. A big beer but drinkable. M: medium carbonation. Finishes almost creamy. O: this is the beer that got me into craft beer so I will always be partial. Strong malt characteristic and a big beer but well made ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SardiniaMan (42) - British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 4, 2014
The branding and story on the bottle was excellent... Probably the best story for a beer. The bottle is definitely a keeper. Nice brown color with a quarter inch creamy head. Malty flavor with a good hop hit, but not overly bitter. Very balanced and easy drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sirchris (42) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2005
Nice red body with an off-white head. Nice foamy head. Good amount of hop in the aroma. The taste contains a bunch of different hop attributes, citrusy, piney. The hop taste comes on strong, but tasty. Very good brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thegreat78 (42) - San Marcos, California, USA - NOV 2, 2007
Poured out of the badass bottle into a pint glass. Has a very nice color with a good head that dissipates fairly quickly. This beer is very unique - but definitely tasty. It certainly lives up to its name as it is very in your face with all of the hops. I canít quite put my finger on any particular flavor in the taste, but it is relatively complex. Definitely glad I got my hands on this. An excellent brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerwolf77 (42) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 28, 2009
I know Iím late to the party but, give me a break Iím just starting out in my serious craft journey. Poured from a awesome looking bomber. That insulted me several times while reading the back story. I loved it. Itís a deep red brown color with a wee bit of head. I was expecting more head but, Iím not that concerned about. The aroma is faint but,there. I really had to get my nose in this one. It smells of citrus and hops. The taste was wonderful. Thereís the initial bite of the citrus hops and nice caramel smoothness that makes this very drinkable. The mouth feel is pleasant with a decent heartyness moderate carbonation. Overall this is a winner in my book. Iím not a hop head by any means but, if this the gateway to bigger and stronger hop flavors. The door has been kicked wide open my friends.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ultracake (42) - salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 3, 2009
12 oz bottle, university market, 2.79. i have had regular bastard and i donít remember it being this good. the first thing i taste is vanilla, good malt taste nice bitter, very well balanced. very good stuff and i didnít mouth the words as i read it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
skokott (42) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JUN 19, 2012
Probably not the best way to put it but if you want the best of a íregular/normalí american beer this is what you want. Big bold quasi-IPA taste. Lacks anything stand out "interesting" but a great solid beer thatís far under-priced.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MicroRob (42) - Kelowna, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 13, 2003
Hops, malts, full body, color... and cool name. I'm very worthy. What more can I say, this beer is one fine specimen. Warning: After drinking this beer, some of your standards may seem too boring to drink afterwards.