overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3611   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

Dauber810 (20) - USA - DEC 30, 2002
Money. This beer has excellent malting, with a nice bit of bitterness. Just excellent flavor. Starts off a bitter and and finishes smooth. One of the best ales Iíve ever had. Nobody is worthy.

Ni209 (67) - Tennessee, USA - JAN 12, 2003
the only other premium beer i had had before this was Delirium Nocturnum and Guinness. oh, can you imagine my surprise? i have to admit it, the bottle is what made me buy it, but the taste is what makes me love it. THIS STUFF IS DANK! i enjoy preceeding a bottle of this with a nice pisswater, just so i can laugh at the difference. does anyone else pick up a nice fruity aftertaste?

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - APR 10, 2003
Very nice reddish amber color.Tall foamy head.sweet malty aroma,as well as a very nice sweet fruity aroma hard to describe the fruit but it has an almost bubble gum aroma,very nice,and a definate hop presence but not overly so just the right amount.The flavor is fantastic malty sweet with a mild punch of hops,with a strong taste of what i would say is grapefruit.kind of like an intense alcohol infused can of squirt.That leaves a citrus,hop after taste that is more then pleasant but fantastic.This is one smooth brew with everything i'm looking for flavor,hops and just a total all around drinkability that i haven't run into until now.The double bastard was good but i think the arrogant bastard slightly edges it out.the taste is there the alcohol is there and they are fused in a manner that makes it very harmonious.what a trade this is the best ASA hands down.

mribm (458) - Ocala, Florida, USA - JUN 2, 2003
An absolutely perfect beer in every way! Except for the dark brown color, it was more of an IPA then it is a brown ale, but whatever it is, it is now an instant favorite of mine! It poured from the bottle with a thick, light tan head that lasted a long time and left a lot of lacing on the side of the glass. Smelled like citrus fruit and had a hoppiness that made me happy! I was expecting a beer that was lighter in color, but it made no difference. I LOVED THIS STUFF! I also loved the arrogant comments all over the bottle, like Keep Refrigerated Numbskull!! This beer is the reason that I have tasted over 100+ beers, so that every once in a while I find one like this. ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT!!! This beer is a 5.0 in my opinion.

archstanton (105) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - NOV 14, 2003
holy shit i love this stuff my god it almost turns me on more than my wife does but i wont go there..the taste of this is so smooth and sweet its like drinking honey from the hive.pours a awesome head leaves a great aftertaste in your mouth im amazed how good this ALE is.

joker3119 (2) - Oceanside, California, USA - MAR 8, 2004 does not count
The back of the bottle saays it all... It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth

MagikLair (9) - Alexandria, Minnesota, USA - MAY 23, 2004 does not count
this beer has excellent malting, with a nice bit of bitterness. Just excellent flavor. Starts off a bitter and and finishes smooth. One of the best ales Iíve ever had. Nobody is worthy.

cathcacr (636) - Oregon, USA - SEP 30, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2005 Listen up, you filthy maggots! I will teach you the ways of beer-loving whether you goddamned pussies like it or not! Because inside every fizzy yellow macro-swiller is a beer-lover trying to get out. You, whatís your name? Bullshit! From now on, your name is Yellowbelly. You like that name? Good, ícause from now on, youíre gonna be down lickiní up the floor of my head until you learn to love good beer, you miserable little piece of shit! You, wipe that smile off your face! And you, wipe that fizzy commie yellow-deer-drinking bitter-beer grimace off yours! You make me sick! You make me want to vomit, right in your fizzy yellow beer, just so you have something of flavor in your drink! You little worm! You bottom-fermenting ass-eating scumbag! Iíll kick your ass! Iíll shit in your beer just to give it color and aroma! Now drop and give me 25! You, whatís your favorite beer? Guinness, eh? Really sophisticated, huh? I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister. *WHACK!* Now get back up on your feet! Why did you join my beloved corps? So youíre a drinker, eh? Letís see your beer face! Bullshit, you didnít convince me! AAAAGGHHHH, thatís a beer face! Work on it! And you, whatíre you looking at you ugly fuck! Youíre a yellow-beer-drinking wussy too, huh? I donít think I heard you correctly! I think I just heard the level of class in this entire platoon drop by 200 points! I bet you drink beer like old people fuck! Here, have a splash of some real beer in your eyes! Here, gag on this! You happy now? You like my bottle? Do you think itís cute, do you think itís funny? Bullshit! Iíll kick your ass so far up between your shoulder blades, youíll have to stand on your head to take a dump! What, you donít like your head in a toilet boil? Then get your face out of that macro bottle, swillboy! Do you suck dicks? Are you a peter-puffer? Thatís most unfortunate, because youíd sure as hell get better mouthfeel and flavor with that than with the pisswater you imbibe! You like real beer? I canít hear you! Bullshit, I still canít hear you! Sound off like youíve got a pair! Okay, then. Goodnight ladies, and repeat after me: This is my bottle. There are many like it, but this one is mine...

Dub85323 (9) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - DEC 22, 2004 does not count
This beer is AWESOME!!..Beautiful deep amber with a delicous tan head. To me this beer smells somewhat fruity. Deliciously smooth but still with a bite. Awesome beer. Iím lucky to be able to get this anywhere here in Phoenix..

OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JAN 4, 2005
My dad brought me a variety of beers when he went to california. I had previously read reviews on Arrogant Bastard and had saw pictures of the bottle but being from South Dakota I didnít think I had much of a chance of getting to try this. Extremely dark amber red with a creamy head that doesnít fade away. It had a distinctive hoppy malty smell. It had a powerful roasty taste and an aftertaste that lasts for quite some time. I was totally impressed by this beer. It is the first Strong American Ale I had ever tried. I hope someday I will have the opportunity to try the double bastard.