overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3496   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

hellhammers (23) - hanover, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 27, 2005
well this is the best beer that i have currently ever tried...expensive.....yes.....cool bottle........yes.....taste great.... yes .....gets you messed up.......yes.....dang this beer has it all...and plus the bottle makes fun of you. good lord if you havenít tried this go to the distributor and buy a case... iím already there.

iluvipa (1) - USA - APR 1, 2005 does not count
Strong full-flavored dark amber and strong hop character. This is one of the best beers in the world bar none.

framebender (56) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - DEC 4, 2005
One of the best beers I have ever had. Strong solid ale in both hops and malt. Not a unique flavor, just enough of it that you wonder why you donít demand it of all the ales you drink. As strong as it is the balance of hops and malt is very good.

coolshmo (18) - Rancho Cordova, California, USA - DEC 8, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2006 I had been drinking the Double Bastard for about 6 months(I bought a few cases (: ) and I had started growing tired of the strong smooth flavor of it. I picked up an arrogant bastard one night because it was the best that the store had... I had really forgotten how great AB is. It has a good punch that the Double bastard doesnít have. Itís got a very complex flavor that is very much in your face, and I love the beers that give a good kick to the mouth. I forgot how good this beer was.

knacdezrat (1) - Apple Valley, California, USA - APR 7, 2006 does not count
In my opinion...(and we know that eveyone HAS at least ONE...), this is one of the best beers I have ever tasted. The taste of Arrogance on your tongue will leave you wanting more. And believe me, you WILL want more!

Jerseyjoe78 (2) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - MAR 14, 2007 does not count
This one is my favorite. Extremely hoppy, but I say the hoppier the better. It has a kick from being to end

KiDAcE (35) - Canton, Ohio, USA - MAR 14, 2007
This brew has a major hops kicks to it. I like it. It pours a deep ruby red, not dark ruby red; red. Has a medium thick head with lots of bubbles and a tannish overtone to itís head. The carbonitation is great. The in mouth feel is medium light, not thick or syrupy. It does have a bit of a floral hoppy aftertaste but in general is smooth all the way around. After number brew 2 you either hate or love it.....I love it. It has a bit of a bitter after taste that lasts for a LONG time (tens of minutes).....but in a good way. The aroma is that of (to me) pure maltiness and yeast. Tasting the alcohol....if you consider hops alcohol-ish youíre wrong (is almost non-present). There is almost no alcohol if any present in this monster of a brew! Me being from Southern Cali......rock on Sur Califas!!! A perfect 5

johnnysmoke (101) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 29, 2007
I have a lot of beer tasting years under my belt... or should I say over my belt. AB is one of the finest beers brewed in America today. Hoppy, with great flavor (chocolate, fruit, citrus). This is a smooth beer that goes down easy. At 3.99 a bottle itís a steal when compared to a Trappist. IMO this is the best beer Stone brews (better than their IPA). Iím waiting to find one better for the price.

bbp182 (255) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 11, 2007
This beer says what it means. You probably wonít like it. Unless you love, and I mean LOVE bitter beers, the aroma is heaven, to hop lovers, its an amber, beautiful amber color. The smell is like people are hitting you inside of your nose. And when the beer hits your pallet, oh my god...itís like a punch in the face. I recommend everyone at least try it once, it will change your life, it changed mine. Well...beer wise it did.

katiearnall (1) - USA - MAY 11, 2007 does not count
This was my first really beer and my one true love. Great color and amazing taste. Bravo Stone Brewing Co.