overall
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1687   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Pasteurised bottle.
Brewed in various locations. Continental European Asahi is brewed at Staropramen. UK Asahi is brewed at Shepherd Neame. North American Asahi is brewed in Molson’s Vancouver brewery.
Ingredients: Water, barley, corn, hops, rice.
"Fresh, crisp and clear - with a sharp delivery that slakes thirst before slipping gently on."

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Grovlam (4199) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 19, 2006
Bottle with Sushi. Kind of big head. Flavour was slightly bitter and finish was very slightly bitter and dry.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
altonbrownd (5166) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - OCT 11, 2006
Bottle at Saporo in A’dam. Tall, tall head. Prickly lager taste. Always coupled with sushi, for me, so goes down delisciously. Refreshing.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Anglofile (138) - Piti, GUAM - OCT 8, 2006
Can. Very common here on Guam. Hawaiians seem to like it. Japanese like it. I don’t like it.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
lgklotet (432) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - OCT 8, 2006
(Bottle at Stockholm Beer Festival) Drainpour. Absolute and utter shite. There was a time when I’d say that this would have worked with sushi.. I’ll never say that again. I’m sorry sushi for having offended you so. I bow my head in shame.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Stefano (1941) - Thisted, DENMARK - OCT 1, 2006
Super thin-watery pour and appearance; quickly dissipating thin white head. Nasty aroma of corn, wheat, and grain. Unrealistically thin mouthfeel. I feel like I could chug these all day and not feel anything!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dankbrewqueen (41) - Morongo Valley, California, USA - SEP 25, 2006
A crisp, refreshing beer. One of my favorite selections while eating sushi. I don’t usually have it unless I am enjoying Japanese cuisine.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
panderson (3) - CANADA - SEP 22, 2006 does not count
To "rate" this beer, to me, is like a food critic reviewing Mac ’n’ Cheese. A bad sign in a beer is when, after 10 minutes tops, it runs out of carbonation ... Corn and rice are here put to their most efficient and inoffensive use, synthesized rather than brewed into a pale, yellow fizzwater.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bubbleflubber (2139) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 19, 2006
Not a great offering here. It begins with a flat straw pour. The nose is somewhat macro and skunk equally. The flavor is peppery skunk and huge corn notes. The finish is purely macro corn(ish), with a poor hop contingency to boot. The mouthfeel is watery and overcarbonated.... again, not a top-shelf brew.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Slacks (615) - Bolton, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 18, 2006
341ml Bottle: Huzzah, another pale lager for me to rate poorly. I know I shouldn’t judge beforehand but what choice do I have? The pour is boring with light carbonation, pale yellow body, and a head that left quickly; I should have taken its advice. Aroma is AWFUL, like compost and sweet corn. Flavour isn’t much better with that distinct corn-water flavour I’ve come to expect from macro pale lagers. Poor, wouldn’t try it again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
beergut111 (210) - Berlin, GERMANY - SEP 10, 2006
I Drank a lot of this beer from the vending machines in Tokyo.Iits A Standard lager, a little on the watery side.