overall
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1711   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Pasteurised bottle.
Brewed in various locations. Continental European Asahi is brewed at Staropramen. UK Asahi is brewed at Shepherd Neame. North American Asahi is brewed in Molsonís Vancouver brewery.
Ingredients: Water, barley, corn, hops, rice.
"Fresh, crisp and clear - with a sharp delivery that slakes thirst before slipping gently on."

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Slayer85 (1051) - Firenze, ITALY - OCT 28, 2006
Yellow beer with not nuch aroma, not much aroma, not much nothing. I feel only carbonation and watery body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
theisti (3856) - Kansas, USA - OCT 27, 2006
Bottle. When I am having sushi, this is my beer. Not that its the perfect pair, just usually my favorite on offer. Slightly bitter for a Pale Lager macrobrew, certainly dry as name implies.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Illuminatus (92) - Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2006
500mL can. Standard macrobrew. Probably adjuncts, I think. Better than Molson, probably equal to Blue. Could be worse.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
TheJester (2503) - Cavan Monaghan, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 19, 2006
500 mL can. Orangey-gold with a thin film of head. Malty aroma. Flavour is very thin and grainy, with a flat finish. Corn? Lagerish. Once is enough.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Grovlam (4206) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 19, 2006
Bottle with Sushi. Kind of big head. Flavour was slightly bitter and finish was very slightly bitter and dry.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
altonbrownd (5453) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - OCT 11, 2006
Bottle at Saporo in Aídam. Tall, tall head. Prickly lager taste. Always coupled with sushi, for me, so goes down delisciously. Refreshing.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Anglofile (138) - Piti, GUAM - OCT 8, 2006
Can. Very common here on Guam. Hawaiians seem to like it. Japanese like it. I donít like it.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
lgklotet (432) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - OCT 8, 2006
(Bottle at Stockholm Beer Festival) Drainpour. Absolute and utter shite. There was a time when Iíd say that this would have worked with sushi.. Iíll never say that again. Iím sorry sushi for having offended you so. I bow my head in shame.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Stefano (1956) - Thisted, DENMARK - OCT 1, 2006
Super thin-watery pour and appearance; quickly dissipating thin white head. Nasty aroma of corn, wheat, and grain. Unrealistically thin mouthfeel. I feel like I could chug these all day and not feel anything!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dankbrewqueen (41) - Morongo Valley, California, USA - SEP 25, 2006
A crisp, refreshing beer. One of my favorite selections while eating sushi. I donít usually have it unless I am enjoying Japanese cuisine.