Asheville Fire Escape
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 34   MEAN: 3.39/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Fire Escape is the Escape Artist ESP that is brewed with roasted jalapeno peppers. It is the most popular beer infusion that we had ever done, so we decided to start brewing it!! Give it a try next time you are in one of the locations.... you will ♥ it!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
woodychevy (348) - - MAY 11, 2014
Had as part of flight at Juicy Lucy’s. Pours nice orange color. Low marks for appearce- no head at all. Taste is malty and spicy all at once. Great beer if you are a lover of the jalapeno. Not at all subtle in the spice. Sort of masks the other flavors going on- would be good with food that could stand up to it. They might tame each other a bit. Bit spicy for me, but not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
IPAsavedMYlife (344) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - DEC 24, 2011
A nice easy drinking pale ale with a wonderful jalapeno flavor. Would be interesting to taste the ale w/o the spice. Flavors work excellent together. Guess I expected this to fail, but turned out nice. Enjoyability 5/5.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
StinkBall (157) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 18, 2011
You can smell the jalapenos right away. Once you taste it, the pale ale hits you first and then the jalapenos. It gets spicier over time. Jalapenos overwhelm the hops. This is a beer you don’t want to drink without some food. Goes nice with spicy food. Pretty good beer, don’t know if I would have it again but I’m glad I tried it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
nathanieletc (3) - Georgia, USA - OCT 30, 2011 does not count
I had this one on draft at the Pizza location, and I loved every sip. It was the first beer I tried on my trip to Asheville, and I immediately knew it’d be the one I’d take home in a growler. The pepper is present throughout the taste, with a lingering on the palate minutes after drinking, and it is unlike any other pepper beer I have tried. This is a new favorite of mine and one I won’t soon forget!