overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 411   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A light fruit ale, made with Maine wild blueberries. As opposed to many of the sweeter fruit beers on the market, our addition of fresh Maine wild blueberries in this light ale yields a subtle blueberry aroma, without the sweet aftertaste. A mixture of the following Mutton malts, pale, crystal, and Munich, are combined with wheat to give this ale its lighter body, and we only use minimal amounts of Target and Willamette hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bluejacket74 (1428) - Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA - AUG 25, 2012
12 ounce bottle, best before January 2013. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a clear amber color with a half inch off-white head. Head retention is decent, and there’s a good amount of lacing. The aroma is mostly sweet, it smells like blueberries and sweet malt. The brew tastes like sweet and kinda tart blueberries and grainy malt, but there’s also a slight bitter finish. Mouthfeel/body is light/medium, it’s a bit slick and it’s also refreshing. I liked this brew, I’d try it again. I think it’s worth trying if you’ve never had it before.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Huhzubendah (2729) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 13, 2012
My wife and I have had many of these over the years when visiting Maine. A truly nostalgic beer. The beer is a light sunset orange hue, and appears clear. The head is less than a finger thick, and fades pretty rapidly, leaving minimal lacing. The aroma is nostalgic indeed, and takes me back to Acadia National Park, where I drank a bunch of this brew. Blueberry juice and a simple ale. The flavor is pretty basic. Blueberry juice and and some type of sweetener in a base ale. It’s pretty good, though I tend to be a bit disgruntled when I see the words "natural flavors". I much prefer 100% fresh fruit to any additives or substitutes. The feel is medium/thin in body, with a growing sweetness as I make my way through the pint glass. Overall, a fun beer and worth trying, though I much prefer my fruit beers to either be sour/wild. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 04-13-2011

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
NikkTwist (1774) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 11, 2012
Draft at Sugars. Clear copper pour with a fizzy head that quickly disappears. Does indeed have the tiny Maine blueberry flavors (as opposed to say the larger New Jersey variety.) Thankfully not too sweet. Still feels like blueberry flavor added to an otherwise nondescript albeit crisp ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
tapthis (88) - Baytown, Texas, USA - AUG 1, 2012
For a fruit flavored ale, I was very disapppointed, The blueberry aroma is definitely there, but the blueberry taste, tastes of crappy kids cereal. The mouthfeel of this beer wasn’t right in my opinion either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SrSilliGose (3277) - pouring bus, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 28, 2012
Bottle. Blueberry forward, touch of muddled earth. Dough. Decent. More blueberry than expected.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rocbyter (1910) - Waterbury, Connecticut, USA - JUL 23, 2012
Light blueberry aroma. Clear orange color with a small white head. Not too sweet but lots of blueberry flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
dextermorgan (93) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 17, 2012
Served in Bar Harbor on draft with a handful of real blueberries floating in it. Kind of sweet, but not a bad blueberry essence on top of real beer flavor. Not sure how much is from the blueberries versus the beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
blipp (6429) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - JUL 5, 2012
Draft. Pours amber with an off white head. Fruity blueberry, with a wheaty base and a dry finish. Not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 7/20
beermemcher78 (5) - Ohio, USA - JUL 1, 2012 does not count
Great! Tried sweetwater blue and this is very comparable. This has more of a brewed beer flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrSilverworm (7217) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 17, 2012
12oz bottle. Thin light khaki head. Nice clear dark red color. Little lace. This is actually a pretty decent blueberry ale - a pleasant surprise, because I tried the ginger from these guys and was not impressed at all. Nice lighter smooth carbonation, light body, more dry finish. Pretty authentic-tasting blueberry fruit flavor. Nice taste for a fruit beer - not too sweet, good bit of fruity tartness. Really well-done fruit beer - subtle enough to be tolerable for non-fruit beer drinkers. I will be suggesting this to the fruit fans I encounter. Lightly tart blueberry aroma lasts a bit in the aftertaste.