Avery Tweak (Meph Addict) - Bourbon Barrel

overall

RATINGS: 149   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.98   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 534   ABV: 17.81%
Re-named BA Meph Addict.
Our very own Parker, of the cartoon and cat loving variety, created this cult classic character back in our 17th season. Appearing in several episodes under another stage name that was deemed inappropriate, our executive producers and editors decided that a name change and further character development—a 4-month Hiatus in bourbon barrels—were necessary to satisfy our most ardent and demanding viewers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jandd1983 (3192) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - AUG 16, 2015
Bottle. It poured a dark brown color with a tan head. The aroma was of bourbon, coffee, vanilla, molasses and sweet dark malts. The taste was similar to the aroma with more bourbon, coffee, dark malts and lots of nice sugary sweetness. Just plain good.

snoworsummer (3333) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - AUG 9, 2015
Bottle at Avery. Pours very dark brown with a creamy light brown head. Tastes like strong booze, roasted malt, dark coffee, syrup. Medium body and low carbonation. Smells like booze, dark chocolate, roasted malt, and dark coffee.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
umich03jm (2842) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - AUG 5, 2015
Bottle. Aromas are chocolate cake, sweet booze, loads of vanilla and bourbon, espresso, and dates. Tastes sweet and boozy with lots of coffee. Some light roast. Big barrel influence. Not exactly smooth but also doesn’t seem like its this high in abv. Very nice sipper.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Benzai (10606) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - AUG 3, 2015
Sampled from bottle @ RBBSG 2015. Opaque black color, small light brown head. Aroma and taste are malts, roast, dark malts, bourbon, vanilla, firm alcohol, some bitter. Full body and carbonation. Strong but nice! 9-4-8-3-16. -- Re-rate July 30th 2015. Bottle @ home shared with Thompson and Countbeer. Opaque pitch black color, small light brown head. Aroma is malts, bourbon, alcohol. Taste malts, bourbon, alcohol, some roast, some vanilla, initially a bit sweetish, aftertaste has some bitter. Intense and a bit too much I think. 7-4-7-3-15. (clearly I had more to drink prior to trying this beer when I rated it the first time, so I’ve averaged the scores)

lightbias (313) - USA - AUG 2, 2015
I pull out my handy-dandy Don’t Blink Dr. Who bottle opener/keychain and find the cap with it. go quite as convenient as a Sonic Screwdriver, but you work with what you’ve got. -- Cracking the cap proves an olfactory sensation of rich, creamy coffee, infused with dark, ripe plums and blackberry. I pour the beer into a small snifter, as I’d like to drink this slowly...with deliberation and intent. It’s much too big to consider a larger glass. The dark, leathery aroma is almost viscous in and of itself, the bourbon hot and stinging my sinuses with each deep intake of breath. The brew is a shade of burnt coffee and no light is getting through here; the small, fleeting foam atop is milk chocolate and recedes to a thick ring that clings to the inside of the glass. The soft head rises easily with a flick of the wrist, a deft swirl of the glass, but disappears again in seconds. No bother, it would only be in the way anyway. -- I pull a small sip, cautious at first, and then, another slow, long drag allowing the liquid to infiltrate my taste buds. The creamy liquid fills my mouth, coating my lips and tongue with comfort, only to have the intensified bourbon biting them as the beer passes through. Sweet at the front, umami on the end. A beautiful combination, this one is a beauty, the warmth spilling down my throat as I drink, the slow burn on my gums as I pull each mouthful; I’m enjoying the sweetness, but longing for the hot, dry experience at the end. My take is that I need more. The finish is long, consistent and warm. I could use this on a cold, barren night in the middle of January, so I think I’ll find a couple more to hold onto for just that perfect moment.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ebone1988 (423) - Taylor, Michigan, USA - AUG 1, 2015
Bottle shared with koleminer20. Batch 1. Aroma is booze, coffee, bourbon barrel, chocolate, roasted malt. Appearance is black, thick as fuck, brown head. Taste is hot. Lots of coffee, lots of roasted malt, lots of barrel, and hot. Mouthfeel is thick, perfect carbonation, and hot. Overall, this tastes great but with age would taste better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Thompson (445) - - JUL 30, 2015
Bottle at benzai. Brown foamy head... black with brown edges... smell roasted coffee dark chocolate... taste roast bourbon datk chocolate cellar...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Countbeer (5337) - Best of E-Town mit 2 Brauhausen, NETHERLANDS - JUL 30, 2015
Bottle: Duvel glass: Brown foamy head on top of a black body. Aromas of bourbon, alcohol, wood and malt roast, vanilla, liquorice, dark chocolate, coffee and...and what?! Flavours of spice, coffee, roast, bourbon, wood, malt roast, vanilla, dark chocolate, toffee, . Aftertaste is spicy, coffee, chocolate, bitters and roast with an earthy mocha tint. Nice. Low carbo, creamy silky spicy mouthfeel, full bodied.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
DietPepsican (1532) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - JUL 28, 2015
Black pour with a nice tan head. Soy sauce mixed with a chocolate milkshake. Boozy. Stale coffe. Can’t even really get any barrel out of this. Intensely alcoholic, burns more than a whisky. Big, chewy. Astringent in the finish. Cool?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
JStax (3820) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 26, 2015
12 ounce bottle. The beer is a thick black, like used motor oil. No head. The aroma has roasty coffee, wood, bourbon, nuts, and caramel. The taste is more roasty coffee than anything, but has nuances of bourbon sweetness. Dangerously drinkable. Thick body and mouthfeel. Lower carbonation.