overall

RATINGS: 1148   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
Our winter strong ale has a gorgeous mahogany hue, a hint of hazelnuts, and a finish reminiscent of mocha and toffee. No spices, just a perfect blend of five specialty malts. Cellarable for 2 years.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
lereve (8) - Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2013 does not count
This is a great tasting Christmas ale. Bottle days can cellar for three years, I would for at least one maybe two years.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rmbjspd (20) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 21, 2013
a great winter warmer from avery. Nice malt sweetness up front with a load of complexity on the back end. A great big beer from one of our best breweries.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
WileCoyote (9) - Libertyville, Illinois, USA - DEC 9, 2004 does not count
Oh what a beautiful beer. Deep mahogany with a creamy tan head that laces down the side of my glass. The aroma is sweet and nutty with a touch of pine. The initial flavor is sweet, typical of a great Old Ale, but then finishes with a light hoppiness. I love the alcohol rush that accompanies this beer, much like a great, rich wine. It is a very relaxing beer and very drinkable. On my Twelve Beers of Christmas 2004 List! Bottle

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
CQ (15) - Colorado, USA - NOV 18, 2005
Drunk in 2 bottles not bad. Rich flavor. From my home state of Colorado. Beats Coors, which isn’t tough. You guys like this real rich taste, Huh??? Like I said, I give it some points because I like a beer with a kick and this has it. I am kind of getting interested in these Breckinridge/ Boulder Brauries. This is a Boulder Braurie. I kind of like the Breckinridge Braurie better, but is OK. It is some business for Colorado that is all I know hope you guys find something in it you like. I like what some Brauries are doing with beers here it is worth exploring for you beer Conniseurs. Rich beer but not skunky, I don’t think beer should be skunky. Licorice head via hazlenuts. Some people say the beer is warming, I agree I don’t know why, but it is a relaxing brew to drink that is reminiscint of holiday times as the picture shows on the bottle. It would be great enjoyed with some holiday hores dourves and watching a winter footaball game. Enjoy men.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SudsMcDuff (5658) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - DEC 24, 2006
..as i watch myself in the reflection of the tv...i drink this drink as it were my last....this beer has something to it, like when you get sand in your eye and you get the sand out of your eye and the relief sets in....pure goodness touches my lips as a bear would grapple with a strawberry in a basket of cloves...the aroma and smell that emanates from my mug makes me think, "what if pigs could fly?"...would they smell like this gem?...i’ll tell you this..i’ve never smelt a pig like this...the lamb is great....Jubilation makes me smile....it has flavours that make the mind race and the fingers walk, sweet embraces tangled up in a web of magical goodness...one day i will have the answer, but for now the overall has to be this...awaiting a brew that makes me write like a drunk poet on acid: means that the world is ready for a pint of jubilation...thanks mom!............."thank you jesus"-Hank Hill..

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
imjohnward (7) - , Colorado, USA - MAR 2, 2011 does not count
Best winter seasonal ale I’ve had in a very long time. The aroma and finish are are memorable and very pleasing

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
strap (373) - honolulu, Alabama, USA - NOV 6, 2011
pours mahogany with a light head. rich smell of toffee and a bit of chocolate. excellent blend of roasted malts. a tad sweet with some alcohol warming. excellent winter beer. i need to stock up on this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
singlelensrefl (24) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - OCT 25, 2004
On tap. Nice off white head. Nicely colored as well. Very nice aromas as well as flavors. Will definately buy some in order to enjoy and so I can include some more notes. Very enjoyable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
hershiser2 (1175) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 3, 2005
Paid $1.70 for a 12-oz single. Appearance is deep rubious red with a large tannish head. Aroma is very pleasant: toffee, caramel, floral bouquet. VERY falvorful, and creamy. I normally like the addition of spice to beers, but with this one, I especially enjoy the smooth, unaltered flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
rlgk (9492) - Göteborg/Jönköping, SWEDEN - FEB 5, 2006
Dark amber, nice offwhite head. Aroma brings some hops but most of all malts, buttery, some x-mas spices, chocolate, coffee, figs, vanilla and toffee. Gtreat malty flavor, some toffee, vinous and with a great body, hoppy, pleasant finish with some pepper. Dry palate.