Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1387   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
A truly authentic Belgian style wheat or "white" ale, this Rascal is unfiltered (yup, thatís yeast on the bottom) and cleverly spiced with coriander and Curacao orange peel producing a refreshingly fruity thirst quencher.

TheChoo (1) - Me, USA - JUN 22, 2008 does not count
Can I just say yum? Apparently not, because I have a LOW CHARACTER COUNT! I am not sure if that is a commentary on me, or my lack of vernacular. Nice clean finish--no after taste. Bring on the The Rascal!

andrewblanejr (4) - California, USA - FEB 23, 2014 does not count
Delicious zero hop better with hints Iíd fruit. Almost has a tiny bit of cider taste. Very crisp and refreshing. Drink liberally.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Vir4030 (571) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 8, 2012
Pours a light cloudy yellow/white, perfect for the style. Aroma is sweet and nice. I expect a great witbier here. Flavor is good, hits you right away with a bit of the coriander and citrus. Oh I quite like this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - FEB 1, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 31, 2009 Hell yes, someone did a White Ale Right! On tap at the Flying Saucer, Houston, Texas. I am very fond of witbiers. This thing stank to high heaven of yeast and wheat. A smell I refer to as "monk basement". Awesome. Almost clear it was so light yellow. Big poofy head. Taste is an explosion of wheat with a nice hop bite, but the palate finishes oh-so-clean. Thank you, Avery. Thank you.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Damico (2977) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 31, 2009
The brew pours cloudy lemon yellow with a small foamy white head. I love the strong aroma and flavor of the orange peel in this classic Belgian style white ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
critic81 (7) - - MAR 15, 2013 does not count
Tastes great. Great Belgium wheat! Tastes great. Great Belgium wheat! Tastes great. Great Belgium wheat! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
snu164 (2) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 26, 2013 does not count
One of my favorite beers. Has a pleasant spice aroma. A nice clear golden appearance with a white head. A very balanced taste. The strongest element being corriander. It has a light body and is fairly fizzy.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
HuskerTan (1032) - Kearney, Nebraska, USA - AUG 18, 2014
Bottle. A- Coriander, cloves, orange, spices, citrus, wheat. A- Yellow color, cloudy liquid, white head. T- Coriander, spices, orange, citrus, slightly sweet, wheat. P- Light body, average texture, average carbonation, crisp finish. O- A stable Belgian Wit. All around good in taste and aroma. Very well balanced. There isnít much else to say other than drink it!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dlihcsnatas (468) - Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2014
Have not had this one since 2010. Saw that it can be purchased now in cans so figured why not get a 6 pack to add a can to the wall collection. Went back to the notes I had on this back then and pretty much I am saying the same thing about it now. Very traditional witbier but just a bit better made than others out there. This is truly among the best witbiers I have had. Only reason I donít make it a every summer beer is due to cost. It is a bit higher priced than others and the lower cost ones are still very good on a hot day so there it is. Good stuff but due to cost rarely enjoyed. Might not wait 4 years to enjoy again though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kscott (3) - Woburn, - AUG 6, 2015 does not count
I donít trust restaurants who canít wait to tell me what beer I should have instead of Blue Moon or Sam Summer, Oberon and Stella are not the same. Having said that, the Ravenous Pig in Orlando has a great bar staff and they pick beers no one is thinking of. Their beer guy introduced me to Algash and Avery White Rascal. White Rascal is the second best wheat beer ever. Great in a can, better in a bottle, incredible in a keg. The beer tastes like wheat and pepper. That is it, like steak frites or bacon and eggs. The best things in life can be defined by its simplicity.