Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3425   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a year’s aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mikey (503) - farmington, Utah, USA - OCT 13, 2004
This is dark brown with a light chestnut head. The flavor starts with dark chocolate and caramel and ends with roasted coffee. fruitiness interlaces the chocolate and caramels with fig and plum and a hint of hazelnut at the finish. One of the better Doppelbocks you’ll find.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
csbosox (1229) - Prairie Village, Kansas, USA - OCT 12, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 6, 2005 Very dark, creamy white head. Amazing aroma, really sweet and fragrant. Silky smooth mouth feel and huge malty flavor. I love bock beers and this is certainly one of the best I have ever had. RERATE 6/6/05. Lets see if this retains it’s lofty score. 11.2oz bottle. Tasted at ~45° in my NB worthy glass. The beer pours dark reddish brown with a medium-small, quickly fading head. The aroma is a monster! Huge caramelly maly, milk chocolate, some lactic sourness, maybe a bit nutty? The beer is very full. The taste is caramel, dark fruits, toffee, chocolate, smoke?, and a slight, fleeting bitterness that offsets the huge malt character. Never once is this beer cloying, in fact it is really not that sweet, just full of flavor. The commercial deScription is right on with the finish; "faintly smoky dryness" is about right on. How in the hell do you get these flavors in a lager? In looking at my previous scores, I might drop the palate to a 4, but then I might bump the flavor up to a 9, which would make it a 4.7 anyway. No change in the score. This is by far the best lager I have ever had, bar none.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SED43 (23) - Manhattan, New York, USA - OCT 10, 2004
Malty cherry molasses with a light cup of coffee and cream The fruityness is impecably complex and delicious. Dark honeyed nectar with a micro bubbled lacy head all over the glass of a snifter. Nutty cherries with molasses coffee and cream. Thick mouthy and very throaty. Quiet sensations as it going down. Then packs with the kick in the pants. That should be expected considering 6.7%ABV. Not alcoholy in the least. Overall its quite a damn habit forming type of stout. Always a pleasure if to have one or ten. Preferably the foremost. ;^) And definately a must try for those who are new to www.ratebeer.com/

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
exquicorp (7) - USA - OCT 7, 2004 does not count
Rich complex pumpernickel and espresso flavours. A very deep and luscious beer. Being used to Amberbock I was quite taken aback by the depth of the beer - not overpowering, but definitely a stern strong beer. Highly recommended.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 1, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 22, 2005 A very creamy, near black body with a soapy tan head, this is a rich, complex brew. The smell is of sweet, roasted malts, dark fruits, and subtle spices. Thick mouthfeel. It’s a bit too sweet for me, but it’s tart, smoky finish makes up for that.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Chicago, IL<font size=-1>

Loddeer (171) - USA - SEP 28, 2004
This beer is definitely a complex and unique beer. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience from start to finish. With the first sip, I was surprised by the kick, but eventually I found myself being emersed in the dark tasting hops. I definitely found it tasting better as I got to the bottom. Not phenomenal, but a very solid brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jine (900) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 26, 2004
This is...an amazing beer. I thought I had rated this already earlier in the week when I had it, but somehow I forgot. I feel almost guilty for having nearly forgotten this wonderful brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 25, 2004
Fantastic is all I can say!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pineypower (2791) - Ocean County, New Jersey, USA - SEP 24, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2006 Saw the ratings so I had to try it, and boy did it live up to its hype. Pours out dark brown with a nice frothy head. It has a nice sweet fruity aroma with some notes of coffee. The taste is very smooth and complex ranging from very malty to roasty to fruity. Great brew!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - SEP 22, 2004
Nice Doppelbock. Kick the can and run me over. Dark as Lake Erie and kickn’ like coffee in the morning.