overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3168   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a year’s aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JB99 (27) - Dallas, Texas, USA - OCT 16, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2006 Very delightful, A nice but not overly sweet nose the mouthfeel is a perfect silky feel, sweet but not too much just enough, I just tried my first one and it’s definitly a keeper.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
kaaskop99 (16) - escondido, California, USA - OCT 15, 2002
one of the finest doppels i have tasted

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 15, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2003 Um, yeh. Totally amazing double bock, with rich tar, toffee and fruit aroma, which is followed by a similar flavor, but much (and happily) reduced for a very tight complexity. I think this one points up just how flabby Spaten's is.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 14, 2002
Boy some people have sent me messages about my rating in comparison to the Spaten. I DO NOT LIKE THIS BEER, but I do like the Spaten, sorry if you have trouble believing this. ---- For what it is I am sure it is great, but I do not like this beer. I tried it at a free taste testing and boy am I glad. It is heavy in the soy sause. I get the willies just thinking about it. Overall, not good for me...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Molasses nose. Small spindly head doesn’t last long. The lace creeps back down into the opaque black ruby color of this delicious brew. Smoky fruitiness, plums? on the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
notalush (4765) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 4, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2006 This is everything that a beer should be. Full flavored, smooth, rich, etc. etc. It’s pretty much everything that it’s hyped up to be. My only complaint is the hefty price tag, at 17 dollars a six pack before tax a deposit, this is most certainly a "special occassion" beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 4, 2002
It smells like molasses -very dark and very tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tourette (207) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 4, 2002
This is certainly a complex and great beer. I didn’t enjoy it as much as many others though. There was an odd taste that I didn’t particularly enjoy. I couldn’t put my finger on it. Overall, it was very good, but I have high expectations for a $3.00 hyped bottle.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
RedTickBeer (39) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - SEP 28, 2002
If the smell and apperance alone made up the beer’s rating this would be a 5. This however still gets REAL high marks. Excellent beer. Malty, nice not too strong alcohol taste. A strange mixture of sweetness and hoppy bitterness. Very rich though. If you want to get drunk, look elsewhere. If you want an amazing beer. Here ya go.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20