overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3573   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a year’s aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SED43 (23) - Manhattan, New York, USA - OCT 10, 2004
Malty cherry molasses with a light cup of coffee and cream The fruityness is impecably complex and delicious. Dark honeyed nectar with a micro bubbled lacy head all over the glass of a snifter. Nutty cherries with molasses coffee and cream. Thick mouthy and very throaty. Quiet sensations as it going down. Then packs with the kick in the pants. That should be expected considering 6.7%ABV. Not alcoholy in the least. Overall its quite a damn habit forming type of stout. Always a pleasure if to have one or ten. Preferably the foremost. ;^) And definately a must try for those who are new to www.ratebeer.com/

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
exquicorp (7) - USA - OCT 7, 2004 does not count
Rich complex pumpernickel and espresso flavours. A very deep and luscious beer. Being used to Amberbock I was quite taken aback by the depth of the beer - not overpowering, but definitely a stern strong beer. Highly recommended.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 1, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 22, 2005 A very creamy, near black body with a soapy tan head, this is a rich, complex brew. The smell is of sweet, roasted malts, dark fruits, and subtle spices. Thick mouthfeel. It’s a bit too sweet for me, but it’s tart, smoky finish makes up for that.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Chicago, IL<font size=-1>

Loddeer (171) - USA - SEP 28, 2004
This beer is definitely a complex and unique beer. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience from start to finish. With the first sip, I was surprised by the kick, but eventually I found myself being emersed in the dark tasting hops. I definitely found it tasting better as I got to the bottom. Not phenomenal, but a very solid brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 26, 2004
This is...an amazing beer. I thought I had rated this already earlier in the week when I had it, but somehow I forgot. I feel almost guilty for having nearly forgotten this wonderful brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 25, 2004
Fantastic is all I can say!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pineypower (2974) - Ocean County, New Jersey, USA - SEP 24, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2006 Saw the ratings so I had to try it, and boy did it live up to its hype. Pours out dark brown with a nice frothy head. It has a nice sweet fruity aroma with some notes of coffee. The taste is very smooth and complex ranging from very malty to roasty to fruity. Great brew!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - SEP 22, 2004
Nice Doppelbock. Kick the can and run me over. Dark as Lake Erie and kickn’ like coffee in the morning.

Malakin (469) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 18, 2004
Very dark but not quite opaque in a mug, thick tan head and a strong date toffee coffee aroma. Flavour is more rich date toffee coffee.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Strangely enough, this was one of the first ’real’ beers I ever tasted. I guess I was lucky back then to try one of the best there is. Pours richly into the glass, with a latte colored head. I love watching the flurry of nearly microscopic bubbles surge slowly to the top. A rich aroma, coffee, malt. It bites back a bit as you drink. Excellent.