overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3134   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a year’s aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - JUL 27, 2002
Huge tan head, dark brown color w/ a very complex, rich, roasted taste, yet a clean finish. I haven’t been too impressed w/ the other doppleboack’s I’ve tried; however, I can understand why this one is world class. The more I drank it, the more subtle flavors I tasted. Great beer! It should be on everyone’s ’Must try’ list

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dionysian (39) - Paris, FRANCE - JUL 25, 2002
Amazing. Probably THE best beer Ive had thus far in my life. The flavor receives my only 10 rating thus far, and for damn good reason. The aroma makes me want to just walk around sniffing dopple for days, and the appearance is godlike. Tie up the children and boil me a pig, everybody, Im on my way to becoming a full blown alcoholic.

tomseaman (35) - Alpine, California, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Wonderful! A steady supply of this one or Aventinus would keep me happy for a long time.

papajohn (1248) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Excellent. Reminds me of an Imperial Stout. Nice creamy/roasty flavor. Well-balanced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bigal9699 (152) - Orange County, California, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Dark brown color - looks like root beer. Pours with big foamy head, dark tan in color. Nose of sweet malt, nuts and caramel. Crisp and fairly light palate. Flavors of roasted nuts, roasted malt - followed by a touch of bittersweet hops. Medium length bittersweet finish.

Different from the doppelbocks that I have sampled in that this one leans towards the roasted side of flavor - really is not a ’sweet’ doppel, with virtually no sweet/winey malt flavors.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
leapinbass99 (15) - Goleta, California, USA - JUL 22, 2002
When I first had this one back in college I wasn’t ready for it. Over time bocks have become some of my favorite brews and Celebrator is at the top of the list.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Excellent beer with a slight alcohol kick. Beautiful dark head that lasts.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
herbjones (742) - Orange, California, USA - JUL 20, 2002
Aroma dominated by roasted malt. Dark brown with a nice tan head that quickly disappears.Velvety texture with just the right carbonation. Flavor is semi sweet roasty toasty perfection. I love this site just for turning me on to brews like this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 20, 2002
A quality Doppelbock, but not something you can kick back with.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Celebrator good times, come on! Looks like a stout, and more dangerous and expensive than a coke habit.