overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3214   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a year’s aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

Gambrinus99 (14) - Missouri, USA - JUL 26, 2000
This is the perfect example of a German Dopplebock. Full bodied, rich, perfectly balanced. A great beer for after dinner.

rosebud (47) - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 15, 2000
Usually when a friend tells me about a beer I’ll only try one at a time just in case I’m disappointed. This one came so highly recommended to me that I bought this by the six pack. I must truly say, that I am not disappointed. This is an incredible beer. The way it tastes and feels on the palate is amazing and smooth. I would highly recommend this to anyone just starting out.

michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 12, 2001
I finally had this beer tonight and let me tell you it is the best ^$*&%#&#%(@^% beer on the planet!! Nothing even can compare to this God of beers. Smooth finish with an intense aromatic taste. It has a beautiful dark color that has to be admired. If you can find this, drink it now. I was lucky to drink it on tap. Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock is the best beer ever!!!

Osmin99 (120) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - AUG 4, 2001

Dogbrick (8145) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2003 Rerate 1/30/03: I always ask myself: What is the perfect beer? At the end of the day, it really isn't the best tasting beer or the best looking beer, it is a beer that I would not change anything about if I had my way. After trying this beer on draught in a Celebrator glass at the Refectory here in Columbus, I realize I have found the perfect beer. My first perfect score. 5/29/02 (4.8) This beer is about as close to perfect as possible for me. Unbelievably easy to drink, with a light smooth malty flavor that was not too sweet. Balanced perfectly by the alcohol ratio. Just a whisper of chocolate in the aroma and flavor as well. Very dark with a medium thick beige head that diminished rather quickly, but who cares, because it was between me and this amazing beer.

tomseaman (35) - Alpine, California, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Wonderful! A steady supply of this one or Aventinus would keep me happy for a long time.

evilpsych (34) - USA - SEP 2, 2003
picked up 1 bottle of this at my local beer-shop.. chilled 2 days, then tasted.. very very smooth with a nice burnt malt flavor that wasnt overpowering. hints of baker's chocolate. Would carry a 6 pack but it's a hair spendy ($16 a 6er) at my local shop. Dig the nifty goat-tag too.

LtJudge (468) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 11, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 23, 2004 WOW!This Beer poured a nice dark color with a thin disappearing head.Fantastic malt/caramel aroma.I was hooked on my first sip.Fantastic complex malt flavor.This is my new favorite beer.Awsome

walleye (1067) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - APR 27, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 5, 2004 I have been drinking this for about a year now nice chocolate color tan long lasting head nice lacing excellentlacing nice smooth palate coffee and molesses with a slight bitter after taste this brings back fond memories when I was in the Army in Germany in a little town of Illishiem in 1970 sitting in a guest house having a few this is one of the best beers I have had in 30 some years. This is the beer I have been looking for. If there is one better would some one let me know

OldFritz (1) - GERMANY - JAN 5, 2005 does not count
Hmmmmmmm Yummy! For me, this is one of the best beers ever made in germany. Aying is also one of the best brewerys! DELICIOUS