Ayinger Maibock

Formerly brewed at Brauerei Aying
Style: Heller Bock
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 33   MEAN: 4.02/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Brewed with plenty of malt, hops and love, Ayinger Maibock is a big-bodied beer with a sweet, malty aroma, a rousing head and a fruity long lasting aftertastaste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - JAN 23, 2001
I loved this stuff. Had a strong maltiness, with a good balanced aftertaste. I probably poured this a bit too cold, as it got better as it warmed up. I’d recommend cellat temperatures at most for this one. Also, this reminded me a lot of some Samuel Smith’s brews, but being $1.30 cheaper, I’d much rather go for this. A must try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - NOV 27, 2000
This is a perfect maibock in my ever so humble opinion. Very malty, smooth, and while it’s straw color seems innocent, this stuff packs a bit of a punch. A great beer. I think this is a good gateway beer, one to get drinkers of Budmilloors into ’better’ beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jamidwyer99 (49) - Oregon, USA - JUL 4, 2000
Got it for $0.99 for the big ol’ bottle. Bang for a buck.