overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1196   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DANEgerous (85) - Texas, USA - OCT 11, 2012
Aroma: Nice malty rich and a floral note of hops Appearance: light yellow with tinges of amber and a tan head Taste: Very malty Märzen but still quite balanced and impeccably smooth Palate: Thick and creamy Overall: Perhaps the most drinkable Märzen i have ever had a fantastic brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bigred22 (84) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 9, 2010
Thank you sir may I have another. This is so good, the flavors I get are butterscotch, caramel and bread. It has a very malty, creamy taste that goes down so smooth. I haven’t had many oktoberfest marzen, but of the few I have had this stands on top... fantatic. I really like this one, and I am going to stock up!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
swenocha (81) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - SEP 29, 2010
17oz bottle from Joe’s. Love the decorative cap. Deep orange/golden color. Very clear and highly carbonated. Nice tan head that dissipated quickly. Sweet caramel malt aroma. Honey and caramel malt on the flavor, with biscuit and toffee. A bit of earthy hops as well. Crisp, clean. Very nice märzen...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bassbuckeye (81) - Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2008
This was a good oktoberfest.... on tap at winking lizard... amber poor with nice creamy head and good lacing. carmel and malt notes with a crisp macantosh finish... Oktoberfest needs to last longer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerBaby (80) - , Florida, USA - NOV 4, 2010
Given to me by a friend and served from a bottle. Amber color. I thought it had kind of a sour smell to it, not unlike sour kraut. Small whitish head and tasted slightly sweet. Light and refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
TJay7481 (79) - Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - FEB 10, 2012
Nice floral hop aroma. Pleasant mouth feel with high carbonation. Malty flavor with a lite honey sweetness. I really enjoy this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
moseefus (79) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - OCT 1, 2008
Over all I found this beer to be extremely plesant in all aspects and quite drinkable. I will say I measure every oktoberfest up against Spaten, and perhaps I shouldn’t but I find Spaten to simply be amazing. Personally I didn’t find it to be something I would want over a Spaten, except on occasion when I needed a break. If you get some you wont be disappointed and might even find yourself enjoying it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnson2020 (79) - Canton, Michigan, USA - SEP 7, 2001
This brew smells sweet. Very dry on the tongue and in the aftertaste. I liked it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Shot (79) - Westerville, USA - OCT 18, 2013
From a 500-ml bottle. Pours a golden color with a very thick head. Aromas are subtle--faint grass and malt. Flavors are caramel with subdued citrus notes and a very subtle malt bite. A decent, well-rounded beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
nickspies (78) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 18, 2007
A good overall aroma, but could use some more malt notes. A golden to copper color. Slightly roasted flavor that finishes even and smooth. Great representation of an Oktoberfest/Märzen.