overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1205   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beisen (90) - California, USA - DEC 28, 2006
Orange/gold, with a sweet bready flavor and a smooth finish. A worthwhile beer. I’d pick it up again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Signalwriter (86) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 9, 2010
Clear golden color right out of the bottle, with a modest head and nose – isn’t there supposed to be a fine German malt aroma? There are overtones of toffee in the medium-bodied beer but these are just as mild; the clean lager taste is quite dry with a bitter aftereffect. Carbonation is high. Doesn’t match its reputation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bigred22 (84) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 9, 2010
Thank you sir may I have another. This is so good, the flavors I get are butterscotch, caramel and bread. It has a very malty, creamy taste that goes down so smooth. I haven’t had many oktoberfest marzen, but of the few I have had this stands on top... fantatic. I really like this one, and I am going to stock up!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rlpeeler (82) - Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA - OCT 20, 2013
On tap at a beer garden. Nice amber glow with medium head. Taste is malt with hops layered in the background. Mild and smooth with good body. Just about perfect for an event where you are going to have several. It made many people smile. Well worth having.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
swenocha (81) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - SEP 29, 2010
17oz bottle from Joe’s. Love the decorative cap. Deep orange/golden color. Very clear and highly carbonated. Nice tan head that dissipated quickly. Sweet caramel malt aroma. Honey and caramel malt on the flavor, with biscuit and toffee. A bit of earthy hops as well. Crisp, clean. Very nice märzen...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bassbuckeye (81) - Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2008
This was a good oktoberfest.... on tap at winking lizard... amber poor with nice creamy head and good lacing. carmel and malt notes with a crisp macantosh finish... Oktoberfest needs to last longer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerBaby (80) - , Florida, USA - NOV 4, 2010
Given to me by a friend and served from a bottle. Amber color. I thought it had kind of a sour smell to it, not unlike sour kraut. Small whitish head and tasted slightly sweet. Light and refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
vodka4blood (80) - Milton, Vermont, Vermont, USA - OCT 9, 2012
Nice and refreshing - high "drinkability". Think I prefer Spaten and Paulaner marzens by a thin margin.... but I already finished the ones I had saved up before I could rate them here.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnson2020 (79) - Canton, Michigan, USA - SEP 7, 2001
This brew smells sweet. Very dry on the tongue and in the aftertaste. I liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
moseefus (79) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - OCT 1, 2008
Over all I found this beer to be extremely plesant in all aspects and quite drinkable. I will say I measure every oktoberfest up against Spaten, and perhaps I shouldn’t but I find Spaten to simply be amazing. Personally I didn’t find it to be something I would want over a Spaten, except on occasion when I needed a break. If you get some you wont be disappointed and might even find yourself enjoying it.