overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1207   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lagerman99 (66) - USA - NOV 26, 2001
Its got a hazy yeastiness reminescent of strong wheats and that sets it apart from other fests, though after a while you do feel out a fair round malt.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
poolboy (66) - Lafayette, Indiana, USA - FEB 27, 2009
Amber with creamy head. Chocolate, spice, and malt. Refreshing and well constructed, but nothing special

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zaprozdower (66) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 19, 2009
I generally don’t prefers lagers, but this is a fantastic example of marzen. A very light, clear amber color with a small head. Aroma is subtle but with sweet, caramel nose. Light taste that is one of that smoothest beers I’ve ever had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dr_sarcastor (66) - - JUN 26, 2013
Very typical marzen-style oktoberfest, quite drinkable but nothing to make it stand out. -- rated via 'Find A Beer' for Blackberry 10

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ExSpectator (65) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - NOV 15, 2006
1 pt 1 oz bottle, pours a light golden color. Aroma is malty, almost has a tomato sauce like smell. Flavor is well balanced, very malty, medium finish. Not quite as good as I was expecting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mj23 (63) - south holland, Illinois, USA - MAR 1, 2005
Tan head lasted a bit.Lacing thru the glass. Poured a cloudy orange not nice looking. Taste was sweeter than expected little finish. Not impressed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Brew42 (61) - - SEP 2, 2013
Pours bright amber bordering on orange. Crystal clear with a head that quickly dissipates.. Smells- malty with some caramel and drk fruit Tastes-Malty and caramel with some raisin/figs. A little bit of bitterness to balance it all out. MF-Medium body very little carbonation. Overalll-One of the better Oktoberfests I have had. Great flavor and goes down smooth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JesseBones (60) - - SEP 20, 2013
A light aroma and deep amber color raised my hopes for this one. Almost no bubbles and a distinctly nutty flavor made me appreciate these Bay Area summer (autumn) nights. It was just what I needed. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shitpantz (59) - Illinois, USA - FEB 5, 2011
Nice golden lager with a thick white head. Aroma of noble hops - nice crispy flavor - well balanced and very drinkable. Very tasty for the $3.50 I paid at the store - glad I bought two!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
mcferc4 (59) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 16, 2008
Delicious. I’m a huge Marzen fan, so I was looking forward to trying a highly rated, German-brewed one. Victory’s Festbier’s been my go to local beer, but Ayinger’s truly does belong to a higher class. The aroma is far more powerful, full of all of the sweet, toffee and caramel notes that I’d expect. It’s perfectly balanced, smooth and finishes crisp. If I was at Oktoberfest, I imagine I’d have about six too many of these. Superb.