overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1263   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Silverbush85 (63) - - AUG 25, 2013
This is a top choice for any "Octoberfest" style beer .. Pick this up if you see it! If you like the Sam Adams version this will not disappoint. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Brew42 (61) - - SEP 2, 2013
Pours bright amber bordering on orange. Crystal clear with a head that quickly dissipates.. Smells- malty with some caramel and drk fruit Tastes-Malty and caramel with some raisin/figs. A little bit of bitterness to balance it all out. MF-Medium body very little carbonation. Overalll-One of the better Oktoberfests I have had. Great flavor and goes down smooth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JesseBones (60) - - SEP 20, 2013
A light aroma and deep amber color raised my hopes for this one. Almost no bubbles and a distinctly nutty flavor made me appreciate these Bay Area summer (autumn) nights. It was just what I needed. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shitpantz (59) - Illinois, USA - FEB 5, 2011
Nice golden lager with a thick white head. Aroma of noble hops - nice crispy flavor - well balanced and very drinkable. Very tasty for the $3.50 I paid at the store - glad I bought two!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
mcferc4 (59) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 16, 2008
Delicious. I’m a huge Marzen fan, so I was looking forward to trying a highly rated, German-brewed one. Victory’s Festbier’s been my go to local beer, but Ayinger’s truly does belong to a higher class. The aroma is far more powerful, full of all of the sweet, toffee and caramel notes that I’d expect. It’s perfectly balanced, smooth and finishes crisp. If I was at Oktoberfest, I imagine I’d have about six too many of these. Superb.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
trevman7 (58) - Houston, Texas, USA - SEP 28, 2010
Bottle poured into glass mug. golden ruddy orange with little to no head. not surprising for an oktoberfest. light malty aroma. Has a hint of sweetness. Medium-light body and a dry finish. This is a very refreshing and drinkable beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
heynik1885 (56) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - SEP 15, 2008
Poured from 500 ml bottle, cool cap! awesome golden amber color, big fluffy head, some lacing on glass. Sweet flowerey smell, taste is refreshing full bodied and last for awhile. Awesome oktober fest, my favorite by far.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bavarian81 (56) - Massachusetts, USA - SEP 14, 2013
Very smoothe, crisp, and delicious. Possibly the best Oktoberfest beer I’ve ever had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
chefelf (55) - New York, USA - SEP 24, 2011
This is a very drinkable Marzen. It pours copper with a nice white head and has a very nice roasted malt flavor to it. I’d highly recommend. It’s probably my favorite of the German Oktoberfest beers I’ve had so far this year.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
thoramel (55) - Ohio, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Not a big lager fan and even less of an octoberfest fan but tried this beer because a friend raved about it. And I must say, its pretty good. big foamy head and a dark gold color. A fruity aroma pleasently presents itself. the taste is somewhat like a wheat beer and a dopplebock with a yeasty finish. Agood beer from a great brewery.