Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
Aying, Germany
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1327   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beisen (90) - California, USA - DEC 28, 2006
Orange/gold, with a sweet bready flavor and a smooth finish. A worthwhile beer. I’d pick it up again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
elektrikjester (90) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - OCT 8, 2010
Pours a medium golden amber, with a large foamy head. The off-white head still persisted during the session. The aroma is upfront, with toasted malts and some slight hoppiness. Taste is also strong and largely relfects the aroma--a mild toasted malt flavor is front and center, with some bready, slightly grassy qualities. Hoppiness imparts a little bitterness but is definitely in the background. Mouthfeel is average. In all, a fine Oktoberfest beer if flavor is high on the list of priorities.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Signalwriter (86) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 9, 2010
Clear golden color right out of the bottle, with a modest head and nose – isn’t there supposed to be a fine German malt aroma? There are overtones of toffee in the medium-bodied beer but these are just as mild; the clean lager taste is quite dry with a bitter aftereffect. Carbonation is high. Doesn’t match its reputation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bigred22 (84) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 9, 2010
Thank you sir may I have another. This is so good, the flavors I get are butterscotch, caramel and bread. It has a very malty, creamy taste that goes down so smooth. I haven’t had many oktoberfest marzen, but of the few I have had this stands on top... fantatic. I really like this one, and I am going to stock up!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
swenocha (81) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - SEP 29, 2010
17oz bottle from Joe’s. Love the decorative cap. Deep orange/golden color. Very clear and highly carbonated. Nice tan head that dissipated quickly. Sweet caramel malt aroma. Honey and caramel malt on the flavor, with biscuit and toffee. A bit of earthy hops as well. Crisp, clean. Very nice märzen...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerBaby (81) - , Florida, USA - NOV 4, 2010
Given to me by a friend and served from a bottle. Amber color. I thought it had kind of a sour smell to it, not unlike sour kraut. Small whitish head and tasted slightly sweet. Light and refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bassbuckeye (81) - Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2008
This was a good oktoberfest.... on tap at winking lizard... amber poor with nice creamy head and good lacing. carmel and malt notes with a crisp macantosh finish... Oktoberfest needs to last longer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnson2020 (79) - Canton, Michigan, USA - SEP 7, 2001
This brew smells sweet. Very dry on the tongue and in the aftertaste. I liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
moseefus (79) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - OCT 1, 2008
Over all I found this beer to be extremely plesant in all aspects and quite drinkable. I will say I measure every oktoberfest up against Spaten, and perhaps I shouldn’t but I find Spaten to simply be amazing. Personally I didn’t find it to be something I would want over a Spaten, except on occasion when I needed a break. If you get some you wont be disappointed and might even find yourself enjoying it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
TJay7481 (79) - Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - FEB 10, 2012
Nice floral hop aroma. Pleasant mouth feel with high carbonation. Malty flavor with a lite honey sweetness. I really enjoy this beer.