Bad Frog Golden-Amber Lager

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 2.59/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61   ABV: -

bobjbkln's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bobjbkln (8) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAR 16, 2001
I bought this beer when they finally allowed it and its label into NYS. Wish they would have kept it out on quality grounds. Would have rated it even lower, but it is better than Bud or Rolling Rock (on the other hand it costs twice as much).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DocLock (8054) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 14, 2007
Found from notes circa 2001 while cleaning the basement. This one was a golden color with aroma and taste notes of pale malt, hops, and mild fruit. I vividly recall all the hoopla surrounding the frog’s obscene gesture.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jtw (1111) - farmington, Michigan, USA - JUN 3, 2004
copper amber color, smells like cider. apparently this is retired, so maybe my bottle is just old. since this beer is retired, and the last rating is from 2002, i’m guessing it’s just an old bottle. mostly malty taste with some thin hints of bitterness at the end--better than most macrobrews but not great. i’ll admit to buying it for the label.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 13, 2002
Golden color with a smallish head. This was a typical contract brew with a "cute" label.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - JUL 15, 2002
Okay stuff, if just for the label. I drove by the HQ for a long time and there was one of their bars for a while downtown, but it didn’t make it. I enjoyed it okay, and it is better than most megabrews, but considering it was made in Frankenmuth, I would have expected more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 10, 2002
The label rocks. That’s about it as I probably have overrated it. Can anyone tell me where I can get this stuff, especially the other brews they have? I haven’t seen it in a long time. The only time I had it was at LSSU on a weekend.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - AUG 29, 2001
My deepest apologies to Emily, who deserves better, but this poem seems appropriate to a dreary beer: I’m Nobody! Who are you? Are you - Nobody - Too? Then there’s a pair of us? Don’t tell! they’d advertise - you know! How dreary - to be - Somebody! How public - like a Frog - To tell one’s name - the livelong June - To an admiring Bog!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JUL 12, 2001
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2004 Gets a whole bunch of points for having a cool label and specifically for sponsoring my RAGBRAI team (Team Frog) a few years back. Doesn't get much in terms of points for flavor, unfortunately.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - MAR 2, 2001
Once was enough..

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 11, 2000
If nothing else the label is cute. Average beer, fair malts and hops, a little weak for my taste, but still a clean and refreshing beer.