Badass Redneck Lager

overall

RATINGS: 54   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.74   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Launched by Kid Rock.
Originally brewed at Michigan Brewing Company and since 2012 in Brew Detroit.
It’s born out of of bushels of American barley and hops harvested straight from the heartland. It’s crafted with care in place where Detroit’s factories mark one horizon and wild forests mark the next. This beer’s built with Michigan pride. Pry one open and you’ll know: there’s trouble brewing. This is pure American Badass. americanbadassbeer.com

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Dogbrick (9625) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2015
Bottled "Kid Rock" version. Pale yellow color with a thin white head that evaporates quickly. Spotty lacing on the glass. Adjuncts and malt in the nose. Light-bodied with flavors of corn, grainy malt and slight hops. The finish is mildly hoppy up front with a stale malty aftertaste. Nothing shocking here considering I bought it as a good, still substantially below average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Frank (3469) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 17, 2015
This is Kid Rock branded cheap beer and it tastes about as good as you would expect, unless you’d expect such a thing to be good. It doesn’t smell terrible, a little corny, but it’s sweet and oxidized tasting and sluggish and thick on the palate. I guess due to the sweetness and a weird butterscotch thing it’s got going on you could say this has a little more flavor than most cheap beer but when the flavor is bad, that doesn’t really help things.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
rjb847 (4) - - APR 8, 2015 does not count
Aroma smelled like ass. Looked like beer. I did knocked down a half a glass. Great label and name. Beer was Bad and I was an Ass for buying it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
gratgrat (1) - Portage, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2015 does not count
I don’t like most beers but I love this! It tastes good kinda light like bud light but bitterness like a dark beer! It has nice color and aroma!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
lukedarock (245) - Howell, Michigan, USA - MAR 6, 2015
Smells of grass or hay, taste is surprisingly good for what we are talkin about here, light corn and sugar flavor very drinkable

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
malkyore (286) - - DEC 14, 2014
I had one of these out of my friends dad’s garage when I was 19. I totally felt badass. I saw this beer on diners drive ins and dives. Guy Fieris death spikes hair do was pretty badass... This is a beer made in Michigan and endorsed by a rock star, that’s pretty badass. This beer is badass in spirit in a way rarely seen in the craft beer world. That being said it is not good... It is bad. Buy it to feel badass... Not actually be badass...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Krej (170) - USA - DEC 14, 2014
I would say this beer is definitely more "American" than it is "Badass." I could see it being pretty Redneck too. It does feel nice drinking something local(as I live in Michigan), but that’s all it really has going for it... If this were in any bars, I’d easily go for it over Bud or Miller, but not over any craft lagers or other craft beers.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
BeerStoreDude (18) - - JUL 18, 2014
As beers go, this is a great bottle as a keepsake. What’s actually in the bottle? Hey... great label

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAY 11, 2014
Bottle sampled at a friends house. From notes. Corn, grains, water. Meh, not awful but not the best I’ve had.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Westmeister (2095) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 13, 2014
Never thought I would find this random tick at a neighbors. The wife is a big Kid Rock fan, though. So there’s that. Pours light golden. Taste is corny, sweet, grains, and actually a touch of floral hops. Not offensive and actually better than the mega brewers. I saved the bottle because its BADASS.